Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checkin out the febuary 2009 issue of import tuner and some dude made a g23(H22 head and f23 block) that put down 248hp and 18x torque,, I think total he had like 6500 total in the swap, using a b16 trans and QSD H2B kit, in an EF hatch with full inteiror and street tires he has pushed it to low 12s all motor ....and they are comparing this to the k series swap....I see it to be interesting...

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
Re: poor man's k series

I dont understand why magazines are like this.....honda tuning shit talked the k about 2 years ago when Kevin helm's B20 Ek was beating his competitors stock k24a2 without giving all the details and rules behind it. Kevin's b20 was built to the T of the rulebook making like 240'ish while the k24 was tuned with header and intake making 230'ish. Kevin's EK was also XXX pounds lighter for retaining the B. I am not hating whatso ever, im just saying Honda-tuning didnt give all the facts.

I dont understand why the magaizines, other then SCC, dont really embrace the k for its superiority. They're living in the past. I dont get it.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts

I think Hasport shut everyone up with there car last year. They had to rewrite the rule book afterwards, because even with OEM parts and 500lbs penalty they still were lapping the b-series guys.

·
Premium Member
44,697 Posts

I think Hasport shut everyone up with there car last year. They had to rewrite the rule book afterwards, because even with OEM parts and 500lbs penalty they still were lapping the b-series guys.
They were cheating :p

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts

I dont understand why magazines are like this.....honda tuning shit talked the k about 2 years ago when Kevin helm's B20 Ek was beating his competitors stock k24a2 without giving all the details and rules behind it. Kevin's b20 was built to the T of the rulebook making like 240'ish while the k24 was tuned with header and intake making 230'ish. Kevin's EK was also XXX pounds lighter for retaining the B. I am not hating whatso ever, im just saying Honda-tuning didnt give all the facts.

I dont understand why the magaizines, other then SCC, dont really embrace the k for its superiority. They're living in the past. I dont get it.

95% of Honda guys out there have what? A K? No. They have a D/B/H. They write about what they know will sell magazines and make people happy...

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

95% of Honda guys out there have what? A K? No. They have a D/B/H. They write about what they know will sell magazines and make people happy...
Yeah but it is simple.. Give respect where respect is due... We don't hate on the B's over here.... We've just moved on...

·
Registered
65 Posts

Yeah but it is simple.. Give respect where respect is due... We don't hate on the B's over here.... We've just moved on...
I understand. They should give more respect. Most Honda guys still can't afford the K-swap.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

I understand. They should give more respect. Most Honda guys still can't afford the K-swap.
Yes they can... They just feel they are in too deep in the swap that they have now and it's too late to turn around......

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

It's a mind over matter thing....

·
Registered
65 Posts

Yes they can... They just feel they are in too deep in the swap that they have now and it's too late to turn around......
Not when most people will find that a K-swap is nearly (or more than) twice the price of a B-swap.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

Fixed....
Not when most people will find that a K-swap is nearly (or more than) twice the price of a stolen B-swap.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
226 Posts

yah i can say i havent been to enthused with any mag these days. they always put these poor mans type R that make 190 hp but b/c they spent more money on wheels they get all the praise. The only reason they put a k car in a mag is b/c it has itb's and they still make doodoo power like 220 with cams and the whole nine. The only two cars ive liked so far are Leonards but i like his blue one better than the pink one:p

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

It's all about searching.. I've found a legit type S recently for $1,500... Complete. Wrecked car.. I was jut broke..... Good deals are out there.. You still have companies selling B series swaps for $3,4K+

1 - 20 of 45 Posts