Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
that's a nice set up... whats the price range for these and it would it work with aem/kpro as well?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
thats freaking dope, would like to see different gauges and better back lighting.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
that's a nice set up... whats the price range for these and it would it work with aem/kpro as well?
kpro yes because it is obd2 compliant. aem. No, because IIRC, it is not obd2 compliant.

However I wonder how really useful this is. What data comes out of the obd2 port that would be truly useful to monitor in real time? I would want to see a/f ratio, but thats really it. It won't tell oil pressure, egt, etc. The gauge cluster already tells ect, rpm, etc.

So great idea. Great innovation. I just wonder if it has a real application aside from people who rebuild their dash for race cars.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you have a maf sensor like in the newer k-series than you can monitor air flow in cfm. you can also pull out ignition command, a/f ratio, boost, air temp, ect, basically anything that the ecu reads. which is 52 sensors. its pretty cool esp the fact that there are no senders and that the gauges are plug and play.

·
Registered
59 Posts
These types of displays are becoming popular, but of course you still need multiple gauges and it can't show K-Pro specific data.

If you have money to spend, I'd suggest the OBD2/CAN compatible PLX gauges over these since you can configure them to show multiple data points and switch between them. It's full color and can be customized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=957TTByL0Ls

Or the TunerView 2 which is inexpensive (3 different setups available), hooks up to your K-Pro, and can show stock data points as well as K-Pro specific data (Things like inputs, outputs, special features, and knock count which is about to be released).

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
oh man the DM-200 OBDII is really nice.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
They really are, but... they're expensive.

If Darren plays his cards right and makes this new product appropriately affordable... this could be the next best thing. We'll find out this weekend.
yeah i agree if it is affordable. it becomes a most have on a k- swapped car.
for ex: turbo cars can use the stock sensors to display boost levels & AFR with this. 100% programmable i like it.
what would be nice is, if it could display error codes too. since it is connected to the obdII port.

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,914 Posts
wow hydro thats pretty sweet find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts