Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i jus recently bought a 2003 rsx base model and when i bought the car it had a cluster that only displayed temp end fuel no rpm or speed and a check engine light with a code for a knock sensor i replaced the sensor and light went off and was running fine after i put it in so maybe a month goes by and i was doing sum research and mind you i don't know too much about cars but i was doing research on why/how to fix a broken cluster i checked all the fuses and after a bit of trouble shooting i realized it was the speed sensor and when i went to look at the sensor the wires were respliced and looks almost replaced or has wire added to the main line from the plug to the wiring harness so i bought a new sensor and replaced it with the same plug that was in before and still no luck no speed or rpm so i figued that the conncetors went bad so i did some more research and i respliced the wires and re connected and crimped them with new adapters and when i connceted it agin my car started to read like 5 cods [p0340/p1298/p1166/p0141] i didn't move the car after reconnecting it jus turned it over to see if i fixed it but i don't rlly know what to do im guessing maybe a short based of one of the codes that is coming on but im lost plz lmk if u have any ideas and also can i use a type s wiring harness in base model ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts