Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's just say that a guy tried to make it across the street tonight and he didn't male it there. There was nothing I could of done to stop it.

Me+ Hayabusa @50-60mph Vs. Hiim on foot.

Nothing broken however. Will post more later. In pain right now.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Re: Please say a prayer

OMG....good Luck...will def say a prayer

and please sell that bike....even the rex was far safer....

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

OMG....good Luck...will def say a prayer

and please sell that bike....even the rex was far safer....
lol.. Yeah man. I don't need any more convincing.. Im sold on selling them. Looks like I'll be doing another build. Just need at least one toy in my life.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

shit what happened to the guy
Critical condition. Head and lung lacerations. Not breathing on his own. On a ventilator......

·
Registered
326 Posts

most helmets have tinted visors, but even.. at night on a bike you have to pay soooo much attention to the cars not seeing you.. someone running accross teh street could easily be missed when they werent supposed to be there.. I hope hes ok, but atleast your ok.

·
Registered
238 Posts

sucks for the guy. yet another reason i'll keep away from bikes. hope everything works out for the better.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

holy shit, good luck man.

Was he crossing the street at night and you didn't see him?

That is correct. I was in the right lane and he was walking from the median. It happened between 2 street night lights so it was dark. I have HID's on my bike so I can see. And even when I saw him and he saw me, he made no attempt to get out of the way which makes no sense. It's almost as if he wanted me to hit him. All I can remember of him was he just looked at me and then Bam! I'm flying and rolling.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts

That is correct. I was in the right lane and he was walking from the median. It happened between 2 street night lights so it was dark. I have HID's on my bike so I can see. And even when I saw him and he saw me, he made no attempt to get out of the way which makes no sense. It's almost as if he wanted me to hit him. All I can remember of him was he just looked at me and then Bam! I'm flying and rolling.
damn dude, I can't imagine what your going through. THats scary shit. Its probably one of my worst fears.

I hope the guy makes it through.

I assume you were wearing proper gear?

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yeah....Well only my helmet.. :( Got some extra road rash for the Christmas season. Im gonna go pick up the bike in a few and then head to hospital to check on the guy. I'm upset with him and at the same time I feel terrible for the man.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts

Wow.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Nope.... Curry Ford area...... Between Semoran & Conway

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Please say a prayer (Seriously)

maybe he wanted to die. just sucks that it was at your expense
I've considered that option at all costs too.... And it does suck. I havent eaten or slept since the accident last night.... I'm all messed up in the head thinking about it. It just keeps playing in my head over and over....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts