Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
k20ahondas said:
KennethA
350-380whp on a Dyna Pack not dyno jet. 350-380 no problem. Been there and done with.
I dont know if I would say "no problem." I am probably going to get flamed pretty good for this...but...what else are forums good for...

I have been doing a little math on a spreadsheet program a buddy put together and this is what I know. I think 350 NA whp is possible, but not easy. 380 whp, stanger things have happened, but it would take alot of R&D. I would love for anyone to prove me wrong. Here is what I need...

>>An RPM value of max HP(I dont what a torque peak value because torque falls off as engine speed increases and VE decreases.)

>>The Air/fuel ratio at that RPM

>>Engine Displacement

>>Injector size

>>and injector duty cycle.

With those values I can make a very close HP approximation of the flywheel HP. From the FWD dyno charts I have tested with, I usually see about a 10% loss of power through the drivetrain.
Anyway, The figures that I get for a 2.5 liter engine, are 412.9 hp @ flywheel, which comes to around 371.7 at the tires...and I am being fairly generous with my VE and BSFC factors.

Let the flaming begin(but you should really try me first).

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.