Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I really need your help with this.
Car have been sitting in my garage during the winter.Did a small wiretuck.Just the wires for the headlight and relocated the battery to inside of the car.Not in the rearmjust behind the dash.

Now when i try to start it just cranks but it wont start.The battery is fine.
Any ideas?Any fuses i should check?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a EK.
Just pulled the cables threw the firewall and the battery forked great all summer last year.

Havent checked K-pro yet.

I had the iacv unplugged when i tried it,could that cause it?
Am i missing some importand ground maybe?

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
Install K-pro and see if there are any codes.

Most times if the car is just cranking then you have a problem with fuel, ign, or compression.

Verify you are getting fuel in all four cylinders, pull the plugs out and see if they are wet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i will do that.
But i just cant see how it could just stop working after just sitting in the garage.

Thanx alot for your help bro

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could i have hooked up something wrong some how?
I only relocated the fusebox and the battery.
Could it just be a bad ****ing battery?I bought it used last summer and didnt use it that much.but it seems storng,but dont have any tools to see if its ok.
I just dont get it:confused:

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
You need to go to sears and buy a multimeter. That is THE BEST tool for troubleshooting electronic problems. Test your battery voltage. It should be 12 VDC off, and 14 VDC with the engine running (if the alternator is working correctly).

You can also download the FSM in the FAQ|DIY for the OEM wiring configuration.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can borrow a multimeter from work to check it out.

If have unplugged the battery and taken out the Kpro of the car,do i have to hook up my computer again and load the K-pro with the file for my car?Or does it remeber that its my car?Could that cause it?

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
The ECU doesn't care what car it is in, it just wants the correct voltage.

You can test the battery in or out of the car, but I recommend testing it on a running car with a functioning alternator so that you can get both readings (engine off 12VDC / engine running 14VDC)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok i will try to jump the car later when my wife gets home with the Volvo and try it then.
If i can jump it,does it mean that the battery sucks?
Do i have to upload my calibration to the ECU cause it have been out of the car?

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
No, you don't have to do anything with the ECU if it was working before.

If you have to jump the battery, that means it is dead. Get a new battery. Do not try to recharge it. Most gel cell batteries go through a chemical conversion and will never get back to 100% potential once they have been drained. Older style, water/acid based batteries will not hold a charge if they are low on fluid. If you have one of these dinosaurs in your engine bay, and it has been sitting for a year, it is probably dried out, and you need a new battery anyways.

Grab a mulitmeter and test it :up:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok cool.Hoping its the battery:)
Will try it later and see how it goes.

Thanx alot yet again:up:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Reset your kpro..check fuse.make sure you have enough ground on you motor n transmission. My dads have the same issue when we did the swap. It was the ground on the transmission not enough ground for the starter...did you have any problem b4. Yeah check your ground for the transmission..run a wire to your battery n put it on your transmission...good luck

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No i didnt have any issues at all before.That is why i think this is so strange.
The tranny ground is fine and so is the one for the starter.Checked both today.
Any other ground i should check out?
Or any thing else i should ground to help me out a little?

·
Registered
189 Posts
No i didnt have any issues at all before.That is why i think this is so strange.
The tranny ground is fine and so is the one for the starter.Checked both today.
Any other ground i should check out?
Or any thing else i should ground to help me out a little?
I know is sound wired but my dad has three ground on the transmission in order to crank...Can you hear the fuel pump kick, try to jump start(push the car, put n gear, push the clutch pedal down until you think the car roll fast enough and let go. If it start, then is the ground for your transmission. When I first did my dad's swap it crank right up but few week it stop crank. Another thing since you relocated the battery to the back check the voltage. Sometime you gets less voltage if you relocated your battery depending what size wire are you using..
good luck man

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You could be on to something there.Tried to start it with cables with my other car.No luck

Then i put anouther ground on the tranny and it felt moore eager to start.
I will get new good ground wires today and see if i can get it to start

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello again:)

I decided to check the 80a fuse that is for the battery.
Excuse my nobeness but what does that fuse look like if its burnt?:silly:
Now it has like a flat brownish color to it.Il looks burnt:D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.