Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the title says it. I bought an aw11 mr2 and am planning to put a k20 in it. This swap is as well documented as I could hope for, but theres a few things I just don't quite get, and I hope I can get some insight here.

Because I want real vtec, I ruled out the k20a3. From what I understand, the k20a is JDM, while the k20a2 is USDM. Assuming I'm not mistaken, which would be the better route to take in terms of making the swap go smoothly? The JDM ones are much much easier to find, but I feel like I wouldnt be able to just go to my local U Pull junkyard and get the other parts I need to preform the swap (ECU, wiring harness, etc) are the other parts interchangeable or would I have to buy ALL JDM or ALL USDM?

Follow up questions, where is the best place to buy these engines (I've been searching ebay) And how do I determine what transmission to buy with it? I apologize if these are noob questions. this is a learning experience and I am just trying to source parts that play nicely with one anothe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the title says it. I bought an aw11 mr2 and am planning to put a k20 in it. This swap is as well documented as I could hope for, but theres a few things I just don't quite get, and I hope I can get some insight here.

Because I want real vtec, I ruled out the k20a3. From what I understand, the k20a is JDM, while the k20a2 is USDM. Assuming I'm not mistaken, which would be the better route to take in terms of making the swap go smoothly? The JDM ones are much much easier to find, but I feel like I wouldnt be able to just go to my local U Pull junkyard and get the other parts I need to preform the swap (ECU, wiring harness, etc) are the other parts interchangeable or would I have to buy ALL JDM or ALL USDM?
fedloan irs.gov easybib

Follow up questions, where is the best place to buy these engines (I've been searching ebay) And how do I determine what transmission to buy with it? I apologize if these are noob questions. this is a learning experience and I am just trying to source parts that play nicely with one anothe

ISSUE SOLVED!!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,758 Posts

Follow up questions, where is the best place to buy these engines (I've been searching ebay) And how do I determine what transmission to buy with it?
Hello and welcome to K20a.org JuanMaddox! The K20A2 was not only sold in the US, also in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Almost all parts are interchangeable between K20A and K20A2. Regarding transmission I would recommend you an Y2M3, RBC3 or NPR3 as all have a 6 speed and factory LSD (s. Jajal's Transmission guide).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts