Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am thinking about sleeving my CRV k24a block. At the same time, I want to use a piston that can be found off the shelf.

So a choice would be the CP piston that is for 87mm 12:5 compression. Or the wiseco 13:7 89mm piston.

Are there any other I don;t know about? I am talking about pistons that would work with stock k24a rods. (same dimensions)

Ideally I would want to use a 89-90 mm piston that yields 12.5 compression.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Nikos

·
Registered
363 Posts
nikos said:
Hello,

I am thinking about sleeving my CRV k24a block. At the same time, I want to use a piston that can be found off the shelf.

So a choice would be the CP piston that is for 87mm 12:5 compression. Or the wiseco 13:7 89mm piston.

Are there any other I don;t know about? I am talking about pistons that would work with stock k24a rods. (same dimensions)

Ideally I would want to use a 89-90 mm piston that yields 12.5 compression.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Nikos
I am planning to make the same build as you , with a k24a Crv, also i would like to run 12:5.1 for with hondata, is that would be reliable with 12:5.1 on the street gaz? please respond - and the 3.0 mm bigger for the bore size should help the torques?! also and Hp?

·
Registered
192 Posts
B18c5turbo said:
I am planning to make the same build as you , with a k24a Crv, also i would like to run 12:5.1 for with hondata, is that would be reliable with 12:5.1 on the street gaz? please respond - and the 3.0 mm bigger for the bore size should help the torques?! also and Hp?

I'm going with 87.5mm IPS special K2 compatable 12.2:1 pistons.

If you guys are interested in my TSX rods and pistons, let me know. I wont be using them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
11sec CR-X said:
Well Import builders sells a custom wiseco piston with a 14cc dome thats said to make around 14-14.5 comp..
If you took that 14cc domed piston and run it with a 99mm stroke, you wouldn't just have 14-14.5:1cr. With 8.55cc dome, the 99mm stroke will net you a 14.5-14.72:1cr depending if you're at zero deck or out of the hole 0.006". The 14cc dome would net a 16.2-16.5:1cr with a 99mm stroke.

-Ron

·
Registered
593 Posts
SBE said:
I'm going with 87.5mm IPS special K2 compatable 12.2:1 pistons.

If you guys are interested in my TSX rods and pistons, let me know. I wont be using them.
They weren't made specifically for K2's. Stock piston valve relief (PRB/PRC) is good for K2's. Kme's to a degree. However, in high rpm applications, the piston-valve clearance (with Kme's) is getting too close for comfort so we needed deeper intake valve pockets for our most aggressive NA cam which is the Kme.

-Ron

·
Banned
15,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ron, this is what I need to know. In order to run your cams, and at the same time using a k24a block and stock rods (same dimensions as a stock rod) what are the specs the piston should have? Assuming also the only variable is the bore.

BORE
COMPRESSION HEIGHT
FORGING
PIN DIAMETER
PIN LENGTH
DOME
TOP RING
SECOND RING
OIL RING
?

thanks in advance,

Nikos

PS Also I know you said you are working on stocking some of these parts or making CP to stock them. ANy news on that?

·
Registered
593 Posts
The stock TSX piston will work up to 40 degrees max with K2's. You really don't need all that other information if rod length and stroke remains stock. If you're making a piston, just have the intake valve relief made deeper. CP has our specs already since they've made two different applications for us now.

1. stock K24 drop in, but with deeper intake valve relief

2. custom 90mm with CH spec'd to run in our 2240cc motor.

-Ron

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
edo said:
If you took that 14cc domed piston and run it with a 99mm stroke, you wouldn't just have 14-14.5:1cr. With 8.55cc dome, the 99mm stroke will net you a 14.5-14.72:1cr depending if you're at zero deck or out of the hole 0.006". The 14cc dome would net a 16.2-16.5:1cr with a 99mm stroke.

-Ron
Thats insane I guess it was like 14.1 on a k20a. :wow:
picture of the pistons..
http://www.importbuilders.com/images/ibspecpistons/K20SDGas.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.