Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the whole project funded...how I came up wit 8 Gs in a month is crazy but I got it all and its time to get down to work...my goal is 500-600hp shouldnt take long...a year at the most

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: My EM2 K20 coming next week

I'll post pix of my car after its done...shouldnt have taking this long but its about time

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: My EM2 K20 Coming next week

A whole lot of money...I was thinkn about building a K24 Block for the bottom end but I know I can get 400 all motor first and then I'd supercharge or turbo...I hope Vortech makes one for the K20...the one that they make for the S2000 gives 49% more hp...that would be a nice gain at 400

·
Registered
72 Posts

but the 400 HP NA would be with high compression pistons? do you think you could get that kind of power with pistons with a low enough ratio in order to then supercharge?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well im gonna try and put as many FD2 parts on...I already found RRC Intake Manifold and the compression on that one is 11:7 so im gonna start wit the basic bolt-ons and work my way up...my list of mods 12 Gs...then watever I spend on a turbo/supercharger...it'll take a lil while but im in it for the long haul

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yea im gonna update as much as I can...the K-Pro is gonna help bring alot more power outta the mods I put on...im gonna start wit the NGK Iridiums and 2'5" catback straight pipe...that'll give me a nice amount of power...then intake...headers....intake manifold...throttle body...pulleys, cams and so on...I've done all the research for months...im ready to get it done

·
Registered
72 Posts

thats good that you have done research. i have been reading some books too and i dont even have a k yet, haha.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Lol ur in the same boat im in but ive been trying to get mine ever since I got my EM2...and as fast as I came up wit the money im wondering if I could have done it years ago but its all good...like I said it shouldnt take long to build up...I can put somethin new on it every 2 weeks so i'll say by the summer time i'll be at a nice amount of power...300 flywheel hp or so

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Nah I dont go on that site too much...I talked to the guy doin my swap...he said he's gonna prep the engine first and then have me bring my car in to complete the swap...he said he's gotta wait on the K-Pro tho

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Oh please believe it...if it wasnt for the shops being closed due to the holiday they'd already have the damn thing prepped but I guess I can wait an extra day...I rather not but thats how it goes...but yea I took my time and did my research on parts...im gonna go all motor b4 I boost it but the K-Pro should make things a whole lot easier to tune

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Yea im not knocking on the way anyone else did their K or any motor for that reason...some are just too in a hurry to get more hp and boosting is the quickest way but if u build it up all motor first...and then boost...much better potential and usually more reliability becuz u know the engine can handle all that power...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts

Good luck with that intake manifold increasing your compression ratio as well as making 400 whp with 2.5" exhaust and 11.7:1 cr (assuming that's what you mean and not 11:7 cr).

1 - 20 of 94 Posts