Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my short block out of a 07 pilot. I have 1 cylinder head w/(built in exhaust manifold). I need to overbore due to 1 cylinder having been slightly scratched up. I'm wondering if I should get another of the same cylinder head or use TL/CL type s? I want to find a sedan to put it in, or possibly a coupe. Any ideas of internal part upgrade or simple improvement is much appreciated:up:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what your asking. If just the cylinder wall was scratched then there is no need to replace the cylinder head. Or are you asking if you should replace the cylinder heads while you have them off.

Type-s heads are supposed to be the best from the factory. I was thinking that J35's had type-s heads too. Not sure what motor you have. Either way your going to have a torque monster.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering if running a pilot 3.5 w/ it's original head which has an integrated exhaust manifold is better than getting two older Tl/Cl heads with bolt on headers and a lower mounted intake manifold. The motor is already apart due to it loosing a spark plug into one cylinder. That's how the cylinder wall took some minor grooves. Which machining will take care of. The rod bearing to the cylinder that lost the plug is in beautiful shape. So, I'm just going to do a slight overbore and a new oil pump,water pump,timing belt. If I keep this style head I need to clean up the combustion chamber due to the plug bits being smashed into it:wow: I know I have a bit of work ahead of me but it will give me time to find the other bits like 6spd trans, cables, intake and heads(that's why I want to know.) I don't plan on getting it done overnight. with some time and effort, hopefully I can have my own j swap:cool:. I sent Tim @ API a message about what harness/ heads to run. I also checked the API website and am not sure what else to be lookin' for besides a harness, mounts, axles, gaskets,t-body, sensors and all the little odds and ends for this motor to make it complete. Along with a second job to afford it:down:!I don't mind spending some money on things that make my motors a little bit more efficient and sturdy.So anyones suggestions will help! I like making all the improvements I can to help longevity/ efficiency if a block is already starting at zero. Plus, in a civic it will get way more abuse then when in the pilot:D!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts