Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of Pictures of my Ek using the new Ekk2 Mounts. The Motor Sits how it would as if it was in a Eg.

To use these mounts you will need a 92-95 eg Crossmember, Power steering rack, and Lower control arms.

Thanks to Jeramy at Kindleracing, and Hasport :up:

·
Registered
475 Posts
cool... :up:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Looks good.

So as I rememeber when I talked to Brian about this months ago, it is just the use of the different rear mount right?

What kind of crossmemebr and steering rack did you use?

I was thinking about doing that myself but I think I am a little excentric, I couldn't rest for anything less than the ITR p/s rack...

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
So any EG/DC rear crossmember and steering rack will work? and does the Steering rack and the Rear crossmember have to be out of the same car? can I use an ITR P/S rack and an EG rear crossmember?

The control arms are interchangeable, shock forks?

Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jon v said:
So any EG/DC rear crossmember and steering rack will work? and does the Steering rack and the Rear crossmember have to be out of the same car? can I use an ITR P/S rack and an EG rear crossmember?

The control arms are interchangeable, shock forks?

Thanks

ya all Dc and Eg stuff are the same. If you have an Itr crossmember or an eg crossmember the Itr power steering rack will bolt right up if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
allmotaitr said:
why is it u did the crossmember swap? whats wrong with the ek crossmember?
i opted for the the eg crossmember that way i could use these new mounts that will allow better axle alignment. If you look at the ek crossmember and compare it to the eg you will notice that the ek one sticks out further, and leaves less room for the header. This is why the motor has to be moved up in the engine bay with the previous mount kits. Basicaly if you have move the motor up further in the engine bay to make room for the header, you will also have to lower the engine to clear the hood. If you notice the hood slopes down as you come closer to the radiator support. This is why the ek doesnt have as good of oil pan clearance as the eg does.

:Also the Eg Crossmember weighs approximately 15 pounds lighter then the ek crossmember :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
cool thanks i really don't know what a crossmember is , but i'm thinking its the part where the rack and pinion is?? or that part that holds up the rear mount?
just curiouse becuase i was parting out and eg and somone ask for a crossmemeber and he coudn't explain what it was.if he dont know then i dont know hehe,

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dapretendr said:
cool thanks i really don't know what a crossmember is , but i'm thinking its the part where the rack and pinion is?? or that part that holds up the rear mount?
just curiouse becuase i was parting out and eg and somone ask for a crossmemeber and he coudn't explain what it was.if he dont know then i dont know hehe,
Ya its what the rack an pinion bolts up to, and where the rear T mount bolts to.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.