Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my 92 Si, with K20A2, Hybrid Racing mounts. Haven't seen a lot of pics with these mounts since it seems like most people use hasport. The only problem I had was with the tranny hitting the PS rack. I tried bolting the mounts in a few different ways but it still hit, I ended up just swapping in a manual rack.

almost done, just waiting for a couple more parts.....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looks like a great swap. I like the contrast between the carbon figer and the yellow valve cover....but Im not sure if I like the yellow valve cover lol.

Dont get me wrong, because I went the k route as well but the b-series swaps just look cleaner. Sucks about the p/s steering rack but manual steering is nice to.

Would like to hear an update once you get it on the streets!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
civic dx said:
i would like to know too because i am doing my swap in a few weeks and my car har a p/s rack
I think hasport will clear the rack, haven't heard of anyone with problems. The hybrid mounts look like they'd clear an integra rack as its shaped a bit different, I'll find out for sure in a few days when i do my buddies car.

I gotta take it to the dyno once its up and running, just waiting for my AEM pulley. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
did u swap side on your radiator or leave in stock location?I have the same engine mounts just finish mounting brackets for radiator ondriver side hope to mount a/c and power steering on passenger side?just wondering if this is were u ran into problems?Also if your reading this hybrid racing your input would be helpful!thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've never seen that clean of a swap, so this is the first time I've seen this, but:
Why is the intake in the front of the block instead of in the rear? Or am I looking at the picture backwards?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm using the Full Blown Racing Aluminum radiator from hybrid racing on the driver side. I have no AC or PS, so no problems there :D
Thanks for the complements guys.

yellowman said:
did u swap side on your radiator or leave in stock location?I have the same engine mounts just finish mounting brackets for radiator ondriver side hope to mount a/c and power steering on passenger side?just wondering if this is were u ran into problems?Also if your reading this hybrid racing your input would be helpful!thanks.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Brad_CRX said:
I've never seen that clean of a swap, so this is the first time I've seen this, but:
Why is the intake in the front of the block instead of in the rear? Or am I looking at the picture backwards?
K series are rotated 180 degrees.. the tranny is on the other side and they rotate clockwise instead of counter clock wise.

·
Registered
475 Posts
nice n clean but for some reason the b18c5 looks more sexy n exotic than the k20 but who cares about looks.... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.