Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Pics of my Drag civic

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Matty 
#1 ·
hey you go... taken today , has abit of water on it but otherwise pretty good pics..

See less See more
#3 ·
Ahhh, Mt Pirongia, brings back memories... :)

I've been meaning to ask: was the aero bonnet used for a scientific reason? I would have thought it gave more of an aerodynamic hindrance than cooling benefit. But then what do I know? :?

Mighty impressive car though. Best of luck for the coming season. I'd genuflect and grovel on NZH but I don't want to tip too many people off. :wink:

#4 ·
hey dude.. The bonnet was in stock when we needed one, I dont know weather it helps or not honestly for the weight it saves it might have been worthwhile..
This season should be interesting.. I think I'd like to push the boundaries of a stock motor this season and rebuild it before next season but in saying that I will probably import some headers and ITB's for it..

Have you heard about anyone else thats gonna be running a car this year, people always go on about it but I've never seen or heard anything yet...

#5 ·
The only car I've heard of is Kelford reworking CAMIT with an H22/H23. It's a shame the allmotor classes in NZ are largely ignored since everyone's building Evos, GTRs or rotaries. It'd be great to see more competition for you.

Give me a few years and I'll probably take my car off the road and build it properly, or at least get it built properly. I'd strayed away from a K20 for a while (we were going to get a work ute which would have sucked up the budget) but plans have changed again so I should be getting the conversion done around the middle of next year if all goes to plan.

We're planning on starting our own business so I might even sponsor myself and go pro somewhere down the line.

Once that's done all I'll need to do is develop some skill. :lol:

#6 ·
I know of a few Pro-Import FWD N/A cars being built..

Theres Graham Price's 300whp B18C EF civic
James Meechan with the green H22A EF crx
Cory Morris was building an EF Crx aswell
A guy in welington is surposed to be building a car
The Bennet brothers in Matamata are building an EF civic but might have decided to go circuit..
Most of the cars wont make it out this season though... Or at least I hope they dont... By then hopefully I will have some huge arse cams, ITB's, my DTR or True-race Headers, pistons etc etc... I hope to make 350+whp next season.. It would be nice to be the first N/A FWD to run 10's in NZ and maybe even 9's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.