7,171 Posts
You need to be a member to read it

link is no good, not for me at least

·
Registered
44 Posts
midoriek4 said:
why buy when you can cut and weld the bitch :D
u would have to do it twice in order to move the brackets closer together and you have fun w/ that buddy. This is a short throw and a shorter shaft

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
I just rehosted the pic
huge differance in shaft lenght
Thanks, that looks good and I'm sure it makes a big difference

·
Registered
46 Posts
The new Hasport / Sport Compact Car how to article says you can use the 90-93 accord shifter mechanism to operate the K series six speed. Can anyone confirm this? Thats a way easier idea if it really works.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
99blackcivicsi said:
midoriek4 said:
why buy when you can cut and weld the bitch :D
u would have to do it twice in order to move the brackets closer together and you have fun w/ that buddy. This is a short throw and a shorter shaft
... a shorter shaft, reaching down further for it.

This thing does'nt outclass B&M's shifter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
so if this was mounted from the inside of the car it would be like normal length now? or would you still have issues with the center console fitting over?

DaN

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
still have issues. Stick is the only thing that is shortened.

The plastic base is what causes the problems.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you look close to the pics in SCC youll notice

They used the accord or prelude but mounted it from underneath in the channeling of the car. Then they built a box around it.

Considering the time and money to custom build something vs. bolt it in.

Your option.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, the box under the car is where they mounted a stock TSX, RSX or new Accord (K24) shifter box. The article says if you use the old 90-93 accord shifter, you can mount it inside the car on top of the exhaust hump(just like H22 swap).

I find it hard to belive the old accord shifter will operate a six speed, but with honda you never know...

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Registered to the Club RSX forum...

Here's a re-re host of the REVO shifter comparison:

Is there a detailed install procedure for the RSX REVO shifter online somewhere? I'm suuuper curious as to how they extract the factory RSX shifter out of the shifter box....

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the new revo shifter is preinstalled in a new shifter box. This is why the plastic is two different colors...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts