Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone selling or know where i can purchase PIC lower controls...spoke to the company myself and they wont be in production again for about another year....anyone feel free to help anotha member out thanks:up:

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,372 Posts
PIC was the only one that had them to my knowledge. There were one or two other sites that sold their coilovers but not their lca's. If they aren't making them then why not get a set of Function 7s?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PIC was the only one that had them to my knowledge. There were one or two other sites that sold their coilovers but not their lca's. If they aren't making them then why not get a set of Function 7s?
thanks for the reply....wanted to be diff cause sum dude i know with a trans top del sol has em...wanted to be diff...so basically im only can find them used ....lca that is cause the coils still retailing at places

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
just get function 7's, you wont regret. why bother with something thats not being sold?

·
HONDA HEAVEN RIP
2,754 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Just out of Curiosity why don't you use your OEM LCAs and just used the PIC/Sonem Hard Rubber Bushings? Or is this for asthetic brownie points? Don't get me wrong I once thought about going with the PIC LCAs..but in the end, I decided to go with function over fashion..JMHO, not to mention you'd be supporting one of our Kseries vendors if you went that route.

·
HONDA HEAVEN RIP
2,754 Posts
I look at it as function and fashion, Not everyone has access to a press and such tools. Sometimes it is just easier to remove and replace. Another things is if your car is going to be slammed, then you wont even see those nice bling bling parts, But if your car is higher up then sure it looks cool.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
That's true, I've just heard of a few Aftermarket LCAs being made of aluminum, because of it being "light weight", however when driven under "racing conditions"...these LCAs start to fatigue..leading to cracking and snapping. I don't have immediate access to a press myself, however I'm lucky enough to know plenty of people who work at autoshops. Good luck with your purchase though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was looking into getting PIC LCAs myself and encountered the same problem before I got my F7 LCAs.

I did some research and was told to contact this company:

www.RevlineMotorsports.com
[email protected]
(816) 221-4411

They bought the rest of the LCAs from PIC and said that they do have them in stock but that was a few weeks ago.

Hope this helps

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Just out of Curiosity why don't you use your OEM LCAs and just used the PIC/Sonem Hard Rubber Bushings? Or is this for asthetic brownie points? Don't get me wrong I once thought about going with the PIC LCAs..but in the end, I decided to go with function over fashion..JMHO, not to mention you'd be supporting one of our Kseries vendors if you went that route.
My chassis is 16yrs. old and suspension parts wear out. My own rule of thumb is to replace worn parts with proven and improved parts whenever possible. Stronger & lighter generally. If they look great, well that's a plus. I recently found a brand new set of F7's for $177.oo on the local craigslist. I shaved off 5lbs. of unsprung weight to my rear suspension to bring my total rear LCA weight to 4lbs. The 7075 aluminum is very strong and I feel secure in running F7's. My car is low for sure but not slammed and the F7's (at least the one that is not concealed by the muffler) is easy to see.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
My chassis is 16yrs. old and suspension parts wear out. My own rule of thumb is to replace worn parts with proven and improved parts whenever possible. Stronger & lighter generally. If they look great, well that's a plus. I recently found a brand new set of F7's for $177.oo on the local craigslist. I shaved off 5lbs. of unsprung weight to my rear suspension to bring my total rear LCA weight to 4lbs. The 7075 aluminum is very strong and I feel secure in running F7's. My car is low for sure but not slammed and the F7's (at least the one that is not concealed by the muffler) is easy to see.
Yeah, nothing wrong with that. I just tend to follow the old "if it aint broke, don't fix it rule".. however it doesnt hurt to replace those 16yr old bushings. I just figure I'd offer some alternative solutions.. at one point in time I wanted to go this route..but i figure it'd be cheaper for me to go on a diet and buy the hard rubber bushings =P... Unless you've got yourself a time attack car, or you ride fully gutted..theres plenty of other ways to cut weight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts