Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching and am very interested in the PIC coilovers. On the website I was looking at them on it gives 3 optional spring rates, Im not sure if you can have custom. But when it comes to all that I'm a total noob. I read on honda-tech that a good dd set of rates was the middle option or the 10kf 8kr. Now the streets are no where close to perfect and I want to have a comfortable ride. The car is a dd and will see a little bit of autocross but thats it, some of your guy's input would be greatly appreciated

-Max

·
one
1,489 Posts
I have been researching and am very interested in the PIC coilovers. On the website I was looking at them on it gives 3 optional spring rates, Im not sure if you can have custom. But when it comes to all that I'm a total noob. I read on honda-tech that a good dd set of rates was the middle option or the 10kf 8kr. Now the streets are no where close to perfect and I want to have a comfortable ride. The car is a dd and will see a little bit of autocross but thats it, some of your guy's input would be greatly appreciated

-Max
You can have a custom spring rate with PIC if you request it. I have a 12k/10k PIC setup, and I personally wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for a comfortable street ride. My best advice to you would be to e-mail them, Al and his partner are very friendly and will take their time helping you decide.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I got the 12k 10k aswell. Almost not streetable. It works good for drag and the twisty's though. They are super cool people. They will wrok with you!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to everyone for your input, I think Im sold on the PIC's now, just have to wait for X-mas break :cry:

But just another question, it doesnt cost more for custom rates does it? I think I saw them fir $835... If it is more how much more is it?

-Max

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
thanks to everyone for your input, I think Im sold on the PIC's now, just have to wait for X-mas break :cry:

But just another question, it doesnt cost more for custom rates does it? I think I saw them fir $835... If it is more how much more is it?

-Max
I live in south Louisiana and the road are terrible around here. I have a set of PIC Apex P2's 10k/8k, f/r, and it's great for daily driving, but once I start autocrossing I found the car to push in tight turns. I called Jim @ PIC and we decided to try changing the rear spring rate to 12k and it helped a lot. The daily ride didn't get much worst, but if I were to do it all over I would spend the money and get Selects w/ R2 rates of 10k/12k. I also have an EK coupe, if that helps you any. I highly recommend calling PIC and getting there opinion, because they have hundreds of hours of track time and road miles on many different setups that they can give you feedback on.

-Troy

PS: I also have a CTR 22mm rear sway w/ASR brace.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Iam very satisfied with PIC´s 12k/14k!
Mostly autocross for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts