Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Definitely looks better with the GE blue fuel rail. I had it fiberglassed, and hardened so it could be tested on a car boosting 15 PSI and not explode.

Maybe next week it sees the boost.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Looks good, send one my way ill do some N/A testing :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Jeff I know you had said something about a port on the bottom for other (v8 sized) TBs along with a package for an icepack...is that still going to be implemented?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know like on a older model Corvette it has that dual butterfly TB thats Oval? That fits easily on the bottom.

The bottom is perfectly flat, and thick, so you can "put" any TB you want and tape holes however you want to fit anything. You could put the TB on the front, bottom, or where it is stock, and it will all work, you just have to make it work on the flat surface, Ie cutting hole, mounting, etc.

The manifold is about 10 lbs.

Jeff

·
Registered
289 Posts
definitly waiting for some results on this. looks like a great piece.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
nice

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
question.. why the angled TB inlet? does that angle work better than it being straight on with the plenum? (like a prb mani)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
question.. why the angled TB inlet? does that angle work better than it being straight on with the plenum? (like a prb mani)
It really has to be curved like that, because of trying to make it work on many different cars. You could hack it flat and tap it if you wanted.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
44,707 Posts
Ah, someone else sees that as well. I think that is the reason the RBC does so well, aside from being a larger volume than the PRC. Think of the way the air is turning inside the manifold, and how the firing order affects where air is displaced.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts