Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know there are a lot of people out there that are new to k series and this website and are curious as to how the k24a1/a2 setup performs. Here is my STOCK k24a1 bottom end/k20a2 head setup with all the basic bolt ons.

Also to those wondering about the Hasport/DC swap headers.....well all of this footage was on a Hasport swap header and 3 inch exhaust.

This also gives people a good idea of how a k compares to b-series when both are in bolt-on status.......as you can see not much of a comparison in my book.

Mods if you wanna move this or remove this thread that's cool, i did already post this link in the Racing and Kills forum, just decided to also put it here since a lot of people new to the site mainly look at this section. This might also help with the "i got a b-series...thinking about going k.....how do they compare?"questions.

so here ya go..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/K24a1a2-ComboStock-with_209996.htm

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
So i know there are a lot of people out there that are new to k series and this website and are curious as to how the k24a1/a2 setup performs. Here is my STOCK k24a1 bottom end/k20a2 head setup with all the basic bolt ons.

Also to those wondering about the Hasport/DC swap headers.....well all of this footage was on a Hasport swap header and 3 inch exhaust.

This also gives people a good idea of how a k compares to b-series when both are in bolt-on status.......as you can see not much of a comparison in my book.

Mods if you wanna move this or remove this thread that's cool, i did already post this link in the Racing and Kills forum, just decided to also put it here since a lot of people new to the site mainly look at this section. This might also help with the "i got a b-series...thinking about going k.....how do they compare?"questions.

so here ya go..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/K24a1a2-ComboStock-with_209996.htm

Nice video... :up: Decent variety of cars/swapped cars that you went up against to show the power of the K.. Quick question.. I did a screen shot of the video at a certain point and it shows...

This is not a hasport header.... was this afterwards?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
cool vid.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i knew someone was gonna say that about the header......all the footage was with my old hasport header, the one you see there is on now. It just happened that a pic of the new header was used in that part of the video. Just a testament to some of the cheaper headers.

Yeah i know Jonathan(Fuster_Cluck) and his brother Jason (SneezinCD5) pretty well. Jason is actually the one who painted the Midori EG K20 hatch, and Jason is actually the owner of the k20 midori hatch now:) The supercharged LS is long gone.....

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
That was a very nice video. Like it has already been stated, nice variety of cars. You didn't just go up against cars that you know for sure you can pull on. :up: I've already been convinced, I just got to get the funds.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
yeah i knew someone was gonna say that about the header......all the footage was with my old hasport header, the one you see there is on now. It just happened that a pic of the new header was used in that part of the video. Just a testament to some of the cheaper headers.

Yeah i know Jonathan(Fuster_Cluck) and his brother Jason (SneezinCD5) pretty well. Jason is actually the one who painted the Midori EG K20 hatch, and Jason is actually the owner of the k20 midori hatch now:) The supercharged LS is long gone.....
Yes he used to work at Macco.He painted his brothers car there.He then sold the midori hatch for a vsm ek hatch.And sold that for his brothers K20 hatch that he owns now.We always talked on the paint and body thread on Honda-tech.com

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
not bad but take at the track and see how she does.

my k24a1/k20a2 ran a 12.5 in the 1/4

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
thats what im building right now , lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
dude that video has me hooked. i need money and FAST!!! i may go looking for a k24a1 around here in some junkyards... btw power to weight ratio for races from a roll has nothing to do with the outcome or a lot to do with the outcome?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts