Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a short block off of here from somebody (who doesn't really matter) a couple weeks ago, and frankly i'm worried I wont be getting it.

I paid with paypal, with my tcf card. I opened a dispute with paypal, but I haven't escilated it to a full blown investigation yet. I gave the guy until wednesday to atleast get in touch with me, because I haven't heard from him since he told me he received the payment and would ship it within a couple days.

What worries me is last year, i bought a h22 block with paypal, and the guy didn't ship it. I was dumb and just used my bank account with paypal, and got like $8 back of the $135 i paid for the block with shipping.

So, if this ends up getting ugly, and paypal doesn't get shit back for me, which I am assuming will happen, what are my options

Any help is appreciated

-Garrett

·
Registered
638 Posts
Did you use your tcf check card or credit card to pay for it? If you used your check card, it will be the same as your bank account. If the guy already took out your money from his paypal account, you're pretty much screwed.

If you used your credit card, you can file a dispute with tcf. What you will need to justify the charge back is the final outcome of the dispute that states, the judgement was in your favor but paypal was unable to return your money because the seller does not have any funds in his account.

Paypal is convenient to use but just make sure to ALWAYS use your credit card on big ticket items or to people you don't know & trust enough to use your bank account.

Paypal don't like it when you use your credit card because they are just as worst as the scammers. As long as they get their 3% cut from your bank account, they don't really care if you got scammed or not. At least you can get your money back when you use your credit card and paypal will eat the total charges.

·
Premium Member
15,764 Posts
so what happens when you dispute it with ur ccard company and they take it out of paypal... can you continue doing business with paypal or will they freeze you?

·
Registered
638 Posts
so what happens when you dispute it with ur ccard company and they take it out of paypal... can you continue doing business with paypal or will they freeze you?
I've only done it once and got my money back, paypal hasn't banned me yet. I don't think they will either.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used my check card. Stupidly enough. I must not have been thinking.

Anyways, I think I have this resolved with him, however if more info can be put into this subject I think it would benefit all sorts of people, because I know this happens all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
as long as your debit/check card has a visa or mastercard logo on it, your insured buy visa or mastercard.

i got ripped off buy someone on ebay for kpro about a year ago. they claim it was stolen out of his car after the auction ended. i filed a claim with paypal but they only refunded me 200 of my 780 i paid. i filed a claim with my bank and i had to provide them proof of all this (copies of emails and the paypal claim) and they refuned me the entire amount back, so i actually made out alittle but i didn't care about that i wanted kpro for 780 shipped. that was a deal!!

so, lesson is always use a cc or visa/mastercard debit and NOT your bank account.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
word of advice....I only buy from regulars...if I dont recognize you I will not buy...no matter how good of deal

i love this site, alot of the people Seem legit on here and alot cooler than some other sites ive been one.
thats half the problem....most people here are awesome, especially the supporters, hell thats why I became one....but it allows for scumbags to sneak in and ruin it....

·
Registered
14 Posts
tsk tsk tsk this is sad. I had something like that happned to me also. Some JERK name MATT at retrofit source F me over. He sent me 2 broken ballast and then I emailed and he said he will exchange it, all I had to do was mail it back. Well I mailed it back and 2 weeks later no word and no replacement. ERR I hate scammers. They should all burn in hell!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got my situation all squared away but

Any other information that could be contributed to these types of situations would be good

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
paypal screwed me BIG TIME. dont ever pay with bank, thats wut i did and even escalated, they even deem he was at fault but because paypal is egay, and transaction was not done on egay. then they DO NOT COVER. so since it seems like u used ur check card, file a claim thru ur card asap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts