Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had purchased a car with a salvaged title and then swapped a RSX-S in would it pass the salvage test? This would be in NY wher we just received stricter emission tests. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you trying to make it a rebuilt title, you have to show what you did on it what was purchased and show it to them to see how it looks, then the mileage ,etc. shouldn't matter what engines in. This is for Oklahoma any ways. Where you from?

·
Registered
348 Posts
the only way i think it is is that you can make a salvage tiltle clean again if it was a theift recovery.....them it has to pass the brake a light inspetion again to clear its title...but thats here in cali not sure of ny..i know that ny almost has the same smog regulations as cali now so a smog also.........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I heard that passing a salvage car can be a very hard thing to do, but I wasn't sure if it was just because you have to have all of the receipts for everything or if it was because they checked smog. I'm not sure if they do check for smog here or not when you first go through the salvage test.

Do RSX Type S swaps pass CA smog tests?

·
NOR*CAL
941 Posts
you guys are professionals at smogging cars bro, seriously, you guys know how to reff a car. let me know what you did, not trying to smog mine, but want to know how it was done. tight bro, you guys should start a BAR shop. certify any swapped honda. seriously though, everytime i hear of daves garage, it has something to do with reffing a car, and getting a BAR sticker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.