Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i started drilling the spot welds but before i go to deep i was wondering if the bracket will just fall off or what? i dont need to drill through the framerail do i? spotwelds = those little dots, four on the main plate and two per fold, top and bottom? i was thinking bout posting this in eg since its basically the same.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The spot welds are the little spots/dots on the bracket..I believe they are about 10 of them that need to be drilled.You will most likely have to drill through the frame rail because of the shape of the bits.This wont weaken the frame.
The bracket may not just fall off,and may require a hammer and chisel to break it free.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If i remember right, there were 12 spot welds... 4 in the middle, 4 holding the top, 4 holding the bottom.

Its easier to just drill it into the frame, and then fill it or something similar. Its what I did. However, there are two spot welds right under the shock tower there that will be a bitch to get out, so you have to bust out the hammer and chisel.

If you completely drill the spot weld out and off the frame, the bracket should fall right off. It will need a little moving around due to the problem with the clearance around the shock tower but otherwise, should be cake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.