Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
too many to list, Currently a 2007 Acura RL w/ CMBS
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are many dif ways of putting a frank together - this is my build list for my K20/K24 RSX-S

K24A1 PARTS
complete short block
timing chain
timing chain cover
timing chain guides
oil pump chain & guides
timing chain tensioner
head gasket
crank position sensor
dip stick
serpentine belt

K20A2 PARTS
complete head
oil pump
crank baffel
oil pan
oil cooler
valve cover
crank pully
altenator
power steering pump
water pump / idler pulley
a/c compressor
knock sensor
oil pressure switch
drive axles
intake manifold
flywheel
clutch
pressure plate
engine harness

OTHER PARTS
PRB Hondata K-Pro
crv passenger side motor mount
oil cooler joint from S2000 ( allow you to run the k20a2 oil cooler without machining the block )

part #2 ( part # 11107-pt2-000 )
also get a tube of honda bond - and the crank pulley removal tool ( it will make life alot easier - Part # 07NAB-001040A & 07JAB-001020A )

· Registered
818 Posts
you could prob use the k24 pan - but since im using the k20 pump i went with the k20 pan too - plus the k20 pan if aluminum and suposable stays cooler
Well, the reason I ask is because you're running a K24 block.

Typically, the larger displacement engine you have, the larger the oil capacity. I don't honestly know if the two oil pans hold the same amount of oil. (Maybe you do) If it were me, I'd at least check it out. :up:

· Registered
899 Posts

Typically, the larger displacement engine you have, the larger the oil capacity. I don't honestly know if the two oil pans hold the same amount of oil. (Maybe you do) If it were me, I'd at least check it out. :up:
if you did any research on this frank you would know that it is reccomended to use the k20 oil pump. k20 pump-->k20 pan.

· Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

? everyone says to use the k20 pump & pan so i did

· Registered
14,996 Posts
you could prob use the k24 pan - but since im using the k20 pump i went with the k20 pan too - plus the k20 pan if aluminum and suposable stays cooler
You can use either pan. There are a few threads on here discussing it. There is even pictures of cut away pictures done by Froth I believe.

· Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey doc - thanks for talkin me into kpro

also my left side cv joint came apart while driving and i had to tow my car back to my shop, the joint cam apart when i removed the axles but i pushed em together when i reinstalled them

did you ever run into anything like this, did i do something wrong or do you think i just have an axle failure and need new ones

· Registered
14,996 Posts
hey doc - thanks for talkin me into kpro

also my left side cv joint came apart while driving and i had to tow my car back to my shop, the joint cam apart when i removed the axles but i pushed em together when i reinstalled them

did you ever run into anything like this, did i do something wrong or do you think i just have an axle failure and need new ones
I'm not sure why that is happening, I've read on here its happened to a few people. Did you get the axle all the way back in? They like to sit in a certain place and be happy.

Is the car lowered any?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.