Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i am planning on doing a k20a2 swap into my 95 vx hatchback. i have gotten a list of parts together that i will need, along with prices.

k20a2 swap $3500
hasport swap header $400
k-pro $1000
camp1320 fuel rail $120
karcepts shifter mount kit $150
AEM CAI for RSX $215
EP3 bracket / pulley $92
hybrid racing clutch lines $75
ebay radiator $160
hybrid racing wiring harness $350
hasport mounts $575
camp1320 swap axles* $300
act street clutch $350
fidanza aluminum flywheel $300
total $7600

are any of these prices too high? am i missing any parts? also, would it be cheaper to get a hondata reflash than the k-pro. i would really like the k-pro, but im going for a lower initial swap cost, and making it better after that. thanks for the help.

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
PM me for prices on your HASport needs. We will also be stocking the Karcepts shifter box later this month. I can help you out with a number of your other items too.
kris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i won't be peicing the swap together untill next winter, i have some major bodywork i need to take care of first. i was just checking if mostly if im missing something. when i start buying parts for the swap though, i will pm you for some prices. thanks!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
fuel lines

·
Registered
235 Posts
I suggest you to contack suprfast regarding mounts, cause he is really the man to talk too (if u know what I mean :) :) :) )

- You can try making your own harness if you can get the hands on the plugs you need (there are a few homemades around :) )

- you can spare another 200$ by using OEM combo axels

- OEM clutch the one that will come with the engine should last at least 1000 milles, flywheel is also not vitaly important! At least not at the begining!

·
Registered
765 Posts
ahhh, thankyou for making this thread:up: :up: :up:
even though its very broad and not quite so accurate. the essentials are in it for the most part. and to the tons of ppl who say "im gonna do a k swap im gonna do a k swap" now i can just simply point them to this thread and shut em up:up:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i decided to attempt my own wiring. i can read a wiring diagram, and solder, so it shouldnt be too bad. i was also thinking of grabbing a k24 engine out of a car in the junkyard, and buying a type s head, base rsx trans, and some other parts for the k24/20 setup. i can get the full car (2004 accord, hit HARD in the rear) for $875. ahh the joys of small town livin... i was thinking about buying that, getting the engine stuff i need and selling the rest. hopefully that will pay for the type s head, and MAYBE the base rsx trans, if im lucky. also, do i need the ep3 idler pully? can i just run a custom length belt from the crank pully to the altenator? so here is the new list, updated.

2004 accord $875
base model rsx trans $???
hasport swap header $400
k-pro $1000
fuel setup* $265
karcepts shifter mount kit $150
K&N filter, intake tube $60
**EP3 bracket / pulley $92
hybrid racing clutch lines $75
ebay radiator $160
hasport mounts $575
camp1320 swap axles* $300
total $3952 with out trans, im gonna go to the junkyard tomorrow and check out the trans. well see what he wants for it. im hoping to have it on the road for less than $5000.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
EP3 Bracket
EP3 Pulley
EP3 Bearing Cover
EP3 Bolt
EP3 Belt
Thermo Unit
Coolant Switch
Throttle Cable
Shifter Cables
Linkage Clips (3)
Cotter Pin (4)
Pin Linkage

Hybrid-Racing Billet Engine Mounts
Hybrid-Racing PNP Conversion Harness
Hybrid-Racing Fuel Kit
Golden Eagle Rail
DC Sports Header
Stage 1 Axles
AEM Fuel Regulator
Revo Short Shifter Box
AEM intake
Karcepts Shifter Mounting Kit
Radiator Hoses
Radiator Hose Insert
Conversion Clutch Line
SPAL Electric Fan Kit

Extras:

Hondata KPRO
Stage 2 Axles
DTRFAB Race Header
Evolution Industries AC/PS Removal Kit
Karcepts Radiator Relocation Bracket
Liquid Filled 0-100psi Fuel Pressure Gauge
Fuel Pump and Installation Kit
Radiator Hoses

Price matching available for all parts.

Let me know if you have any questions about what you need. We also offer a center bar kit that you can use with the stock outers and inners.

[email protected]

·
Registered
529 Posts
i thought you can use the stock b/d series fan switch, no?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool, thanks guys. im off to the junkyard right now. i called the owner this morning, and i may get a deal because he has a lot coming in right now, and no where to put it. wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
44,711 Posts
suprfast said:
PM me for prices on your HASport needs. We will also be stocking the Karcepts shifter box later this month. I can help you out with a number of your other items too.
kris
Does Karcepts have a kit for the CRX yet?
Can you PM me a price for the Hasport headers and coolant/fan switch?
I will purchase these with the Koni/GC combo you PM'd me yesterday to save shipping.
Any news about Quaife?

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
signalpuke said:
Does Karcepts have a kit for the CRX yet?
Can you PM me a price for the Hasport headers and coolant/fan switch?
I will purchase these with the Koni/GC combo you PM'd me yesterday to save shipping.
Any news about Quaife?
Check your PM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts