Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys im sooooooo confused. I'm fairly new to the k swap family. I've always been a b series guy. But recently im going through a mid life crisis and want to build something new lol. Been out of the game for 20 years. But from all my research the k swap is the wave of the honda game now and days. So i recently bought a mint 99 dc2, planning on ripping out the b18b and swapping it with a k motor. So recently i purchase a k24a jdm 3 lobe motor, i heard these were the high compression version. After purchasing i figure i want a motor with a little more power than the stock engine provided. So i purchase Drag Cartel Stage 4 cams (got a hell of a deal for them), and obviously it didn't ended there. I bought matching valves springs from supertech per DC recommendation, then after that ferrera valves. It didn't end there, i had the rbb-2 head port and polish 310cfm flow after we flow bench it. My question is....I do not want to change the piston out....not because im cheap but because i want the reliability of a typical honda bottom end. My question is p2v clearance. I did get a cometic head gasket 0.040 the thickess on they have for safety measure, also arp bolts etc. I have access to a machine shop and want to modify the rbb cam gear to about 35-40 degree. What do yall feel about this? Will i have an issue? I'm not looking to make high horse power, my original plan was to build a honda that lopes at an idle, have a/c and to have a weekend warrior for cruising. Thanks for any input yall can give me

·
Registered
264 Posts
Clay the motor to be sure. I also had to do it. OEM pistons and huge lift cams will likely restrict your VTC range. But there is only one way to find out in absence of a precise 3D modell of the intended components, claying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clay the motor to be sure. I also had to do it. OEM pistons and huge lift cams will likely restrict your VTC range. But there is only one way to find out in absence of a precise 3D modell of the intended components, claying.
thanks that's what im going to do. Doesn't seem like anyone really knows

·
Registered
194 Posts
With Mine (JDM K24a3, '05) the '06 cams, 40º (TracTuff 10º limiter) gear, and NPR 11.13:1 pistons, I was told I am safe to run 40º max.

Since you have different cams, I would start by contacting them (Drag Cartel) to see what they say. Besides that, claying the motor is about your only recourse. Bit of a PITA to have to assemble/dis-assemble just for that, so I'd ask around more before assembling your motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts