Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I swapped a 06 RSX Type S K20z1 and trans into my daily EP3. I used jumper harnesses to make the speed sensor and the ecu from the RSX plug into the car, and I'm using my stock EP3 engine wiring harness to run my car. Before I wired the K-Tuned VSS Converter into place, the harnesses did their job and the car operates normally beside the speedo not reading normally and cutting out after 15 mph. VTEC was working and I had full rpm band. After wiring the converter into the ep3 harness as instructed by K-Tuned, I finally got the speedo to read somewhat normal (I still have to play around with the converter programming to make sure that it reads normally). On to my main problem, my car will now not engage VTEC and won't rev pass 6k rpms, like it was stuck in neutral even though it will drive. There's is also a p0720 which has something to do with why it's doing whatever it is doing. Has anyone else had this experience with the K-Tuned VSS Converter? Do I just have to adjust the speed converter until it sends the right frequency or is it because the ECU is receiving a low frequency signal, I'll need to switch to a 02-04 rsx type s ecu so I don't have that code? I'm understanding why people don't use the 05+ 6 speed trans in their swap, as the VSS gets in the way of everything working properly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts