Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wire worx conversion harness, pnd a08 ecu with kprov4. I have been tracing stuff to see what is going on here because I did not wire the swap. I found a couple error codes for sensors which I have fixed and also the p0563. I have found the fuel pump directly wired to the battery. I'm a lost here. After tracing a bunch of stuff for the sensors I don't know why the fuel pump would be wired like this. Here are some pics of things I can't id and any help for trouble shooting this would be much appreciated.

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Horrendous in that it's a rats nest of bs or Horrendous in that bad pic? If it's rats neat I totally agree. I'm in process of repairing all of this and running correctly. It's... hard to id stuff because it is very well chopped up. First pic I traced the wires out of the fuse box and those are wired to radiator fan.

Second pic is main relay? And that blue wire is a ground that is feeding to chassis by radio.

Third is me fumbling around the thermostat. There is a green plug and then a 3mm plug in there. Idk know what the 3mm is or where it goes.

Right now the car will run so there's that. I also found a relay on the fuel pump for larger gauge wires it looks like. For whatever reason. I haven't pulled the pump to determine if it's after market.

Almost all of the connections Re just bad so the ones I trace oit I repair and correct.

I found an ecu plug completely cut, I don't know which one it is because the kpro has everything it needs. This car used to be an auto so I believe it's that I haven't looked at the schematic for them that I gave up for a bit.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figures. The guy told me he planned on running e85, I don't see any other evidence of that. The injectors definitely aren't factory.

Any idea what this plug that's cut could be? The ecu isnt missing any sensors
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Tints and shades

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would that contribute to that voltage cel? I repaired that wire on the main relay but code is still there. The wires jumped on the driver's side fuse box are for radiator fan. I have since removed that and wired it to the main harness from the oem switch fan switch. There is a relay on the fuel pump now. I haven't made it back that far yet. I have been taking a break.. I found the input shaft bearing is bad and I'm in the process of repairing that.

I know that I don't need the cut plug by the ecu but I'm hesitant to just remove all the wires mostly because it's a lot. I'm also trying to figure out how to wire up the reverse lockout. I read that hondata was making a something for it, or I can wire a relay into it and run off of one of the ecu pins. There is information on where to wire in for reverse lights to work.. but I don't have a plug on that harness. I believe the car has a generic k series harness, along with a hybrid racing conversion harness. The auto to manual swap is throwing me a bit.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks for the help. I don't have car close to me going back out there next week sometime. It is a 2000 civic ex. I have the engine running now just the voltage code. Alternator tests good from manual. I dont know what alternator is compatible to see if it just needs a newer one or not.. The serpentine belt has been giving me a lot of problems. It has an ebay manual tensioner on it with alternator relocating bracket and it is tearing belts up. It is not 100% in line. I don't know if I should switch it out for an auto tensioner system or not. When I talked to hybrid about it the crank pulley didn't match any of their sizes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts