Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
nikos said:
lol.. Danny from DTR fab said it lost power... Someone from rcrew was there too, told me the same thing. That is all. That is why I believe it. The rcrew member/fan should have no reason to lie.
that was a type S motor. It lost 2 hp on the top end at what...8500RPM. But did gain a few hp in the mid range.

no one is lying here

Rcrew dyno'd a type S motor with the PIMP and it gained power throughout. Not every motor is the same but the PIMP has gained hp throughout on all of the k20a motors tested as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like DanPhan says "if you don't want it, then don't buy it." and the headers sell for less than $900. And you are correct, Rcrew doesn't need your's or this website's help to sell anything so why would they give you any kind of discount or breaks on anything. He's only going to give his close friends or repeat customers a deal. that's like calling up kingmotorsports or Tein and asking them for freebies. Its just not going to happen. You might want to consider establishing a relationship before you start asking for free shit.

People ask questions about Rcrew parts and Rcrew answers the questions.

nikos said:
Yes, that is what I was told. That's what happens when you have no foundation. Rcrew has sold many many B series parts for the last years. Swaps, trannies, JDM, USDM... They are almost like a VIP JDM store. Have sold many motors to "industry" people. From what I personally experienced with them on the phone, they act like they don;t need your business. They are doing you a favor when they sell you something.

With the k series market looking promising they started doing these swaps and selling them. Then one of the owners figured he could make more money copying hasport's harness and he did. Then he protyped an aluminum header and by looking at DTR- FAB's header and hytech header, he made up a prototype and mass produced it. Now he has 30-40 headers he needs to sell. Sure they are good headers... Not worth $900 in my opinion.

One of the owners just has a bad attitude and all his close friends agree... "Yeah.. that sounds like him... He's cool though if you get to know him..."

Well, I dont need to know him.. So whenever I see products from rcrew or dyno numbers, I am going to be sceptical. A lot of good people use their products and I feel bad I have to talk about this publically. I kept my mouth shut for a while but then a few people called me up and told me that Dan Phan one of the owners is talking bad about me and my website. Only time I talked to the guy was when I called him for a k20a swap and mounts/axles and it came out to be $6400... I asked if I can get a better deal, like free shipping since I can maybe help him out with the k20a swaps and his answer was... Do I know you? Who are you? Don;t try to play buddy buddy with me... lol

Well customer service can be a bitch sometimes...

Tell him to stop talking bad about the website, and I will keep my mouth shut about his products.

You don;t believe me he has a bad attitude? In the k20a EG he is selling, http://www.rcrewracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43

and his description he writes...

"$17,000.02+ no test drive.. no question ask.
take it or leave it.!"

lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.