Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does that do? I have seen a few on car but I havent ever read any reasoning behind it. Does it just make the plentum bigger and allow more air? Anyone got any true HP gains with it? Would it be worth having with just I/H/E? Its only $125 so it couldnt be that much of a loss if I didnt like it, it looks cool on the motor. I was thinking of eventualy getting cams and doing mods to the intake of the car, like throttle body and the P.I.M.P. and maybe finding te best place to run a cold air intake.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
It made power on the k20a, it lost on the k20a2. My opinion on it is, use the $125 to go out to a chinese restaurant and pig out.

The concept came from erik's racing b series. Airflow that is coming in an engine is nothing that someone can eyeball... The fact that it looks cool on the motor.. Well, red valve covers look good too,,, and they do not take or give power. :p

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
rochesterricer said:
What is it that you guys are talking about?
it's a aluminum box that bolts up to the bottom of you k intake manifold. it's suppose to make the plentum. i'm quite sure if it really works though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
"actually the first time i saw it was on real time racings DC5, i can post it later if requested"

Yes, you are right. Realtime was the first to try out the IM expander.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The P.I.M.P. made power on all of the cars dyno'd at rcrew, modacar and DTR. All of the motors were k20a but there was one type S motor as well

buy what you want. believe what you want. A prototype was made and dyno'd at modacar(see dyno chart above) and made power. Yeah we went to laguna seca and saw it on the real time RSX and a prototype was made and tested to see if it actually did anything. I'm sure every K motor is different and most likely would require some tuning. But the above dyno was just a direct bolt on and dyno. no tuning.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
taqman15 said:
oh and i'm not advertising it. feel free to spend you money on food if you want. I tend to spend my money on Colt 45 because you know it works every time :D
lol.. Danny from DTR fab said it lost power... Someone from rcrew was there too, told me the same thing. That is all. That is why I believe it. The rcrew member/fan should have no reason to lie.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Yes, that is what I was told. That's what happens when you have no foundation. Rcrew has sold many many B series parts for the last years. Swaps, trannies, JDM, USDM... They are almost like a VIP JDM store. Have sold many motors to "industry" people. From what I personally experienced with them on the phone, they act like they don;t need your business. They are doing you a favor when they sell you something.

With the k series market looking promising they started doing these swaps and selling them. Then one of the owners figured he could make more money copying hasport's harness and he did. Then he protyped an aluminum header and by looking at DTR- FAB's header and hytech header, he made up a prototype and mass produced it. Now he has 30-40 headers he needs to sell. Sure they are good headers... Not worth $900 in my opinion.

One of the owners just has a bad attitude and all his close friends agree... "Yeah.. that sounds like him... He's cool though if you get to know him..."

Well, I dont need to know him.. So whenever I see products from rcrew or dyno numbers, I am going to be sceptical. A lot of good people use their products and I feel bad I have to talk about this publically. I kept my mouth shut for a while but then a few people called me up and told me that Dan Phan one of the owners is talking bad about me and my website. Only time I talked to the guy was when I called him for a k20a swap and mounts/axles and it came out to be $6400... I asked if I can get a better deal, like free shipping since I can maybe help him out with the k20a swaps and his answer was... Do I know you? Who are you? Don;t try to play buddy buddy with me... lol

Well customer service can be a bitch sometimes...

Tell him to stop talking bad about the website, and I will keep my mouth shut about his products.

You don;t believe me he has a bad attitude? In the k20a EG he is selling, http://www.rcrewracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43

and his description he writes...

"$17,000.02+ no test drive.. no question ask.
take it or leave it.!"

lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
nikos said:
With the k series market looking promising they started doing these swaps and selling them. Then one of the owners figured he could make more money copying hasport's harness and he did. Then he protyped an aluminum header and by looking at DTR- FAB's header and hytech header, he made up a prototype and mass produced it. Now he has 30-40 headers he needs to sell. Sure they are good headers... Not worth $900 in my opinion.
What's wrong with making money? :up:

·
Registered
60 Posts
nikos said:
lol.. Danny from DTR fab said it lost power... Someone from rcrew was there too, told me the same thing. That is all. That is why I believe it. The rcrew member/fan should have no reason to lie.
that was a type S motor. It lost 2 hp on the top end at what...8500RPM. But did gain a few hp in the mid range.

no one is lying here

Rcrew dyno'd a type S motor with the PIMP and it gained power throughout. Not every motor is the same but the PIMP has gained hp throughout on all of the k20a motors tested as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Like DanPhan says "if you don't want it, then don't buy it." and the headers sell for less than $900. And you are correct, Rcrew doesn't need your's or this website's help to sell anything so why would they give you any kind of discount or breaks on anything. He's only going to give his close friends or repeat customers a deal. that's like calling up kingmotorsports or Tein and asking them for freebies. Its just not going to happen. You might want to consider establishing a relationship before you start asking for free shit.

People ask questions about Rcrew parts and Rcrew answers the questions.

nikos said:
Yes, that is what I was told. That's what happens when you have no foundation. Rcrew has sold many many B series parts for the last years. Swaps, trannies, JDM, USDM... They are almost like a VIP JDM store. Have sold many motors to "industry" people. From what I personally experienced with them on the phone, they act like they don;t need your business. They are doing you a favor when they sell you something.

One of the owners just has a bad attitude and all his close friends agree... "Yeah.. that sounds like him... He's cool though if you get to know him..."

Well, I dont need to know him.. So whenever I see products from rcrew or dyno numbers, I am going to be sceptical. A lot of good people use their products and I feel bad I have to talk about this publically. I kept my mouth shut for a while but then a few people called me up and told me that Dan Phan one of the owners is talking bad about me and my website. Only time I talked to the guy was when I called him for a k20a swap and mounts/axles and it came out to be $6400... I asked if I can get a better deal, like free shipping since I can maybe help him out with the k20a swaps and his answer was... Do I know you? Who are you? Don;t try to play buddy buddy with me... lol

Well customer service can be a bitch sometimes...

Tell him to stop talking bad about the website, and I will keep my mouth shut about his products.

You don;t believe me he has a bad attitude? In the k20a EG he is selling, http://www.rcrewracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43

take it or leave it.!"

lol

·
Registered
2 Posts

take it or leave it.!"

I've had many a car in my time ...only an absolute fool would buy a car without driving it . 17 g's is a hell of a of alotta money to blow without getting yer feet wet first....This guys sounds like a jerk off.....A buyer has the right to ask questions about a car....i kinda hope no one buys it ..not that it'll teach 'im a lesson , cause guys who owns bussinesses and have mule cars or project cars don't really give a shit to begin with anyway.Im with Niko's on this one......

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
The other day I had a life changing experience. Nothing major happened.. No accident, no death in the family nothing like that.. It was more on a personal level.

I am not going to bash rcrew's shit anymore. Although he has given me enough reasons to do just that, I am not unless they start selling parts again on this site. You see, k20a.org is my passion and my baby but it is a hobby after all... Like most of you, I have a full time job and that is what I do to support my family. Dan Phan (one for rcrew owners) might not have kids yet but he has a family and I hate to think I am using my admin/owner status to give biased advice on his products because I don;t like the guy. I try to get along with everyone and I just don't want negative energy in my life.

Don't confuse this with an apology, because it's not. I just don't want to deal with that shit anymore. A lot of good people I know buy from them or know them and I hate to think that they are walking on eggshells around me. Just take this for what it is.

Nikos

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.