Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering peoples opinion on this kit
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=664

from experienced nitrous user's, is this a quality kit, good flowing nozzles etc etc, or is it a gimmick type deal with the integrated rail system
i like the way it installs and keeps everything simple and clean

i know the page says gsr, but iv seen them listed elsewhere for k series, just using that page as an example

thank you for all info :up::up:

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Thats a pretty cool little setup, but IMO you should just run a dry system and let the kpro add the fuel that way you dont have to worry about your fuel solenoid failing and leaning out. Plus if you have your foggers farther away its better for atomization, just my .02 though.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im going to be running a built k24/k20 and atleast a 150shot so i want to run a direct port style setup

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I think that kit is only good up to a 90 shot (from what I quickly read), so a dry direct port would be your best bet anyways, specially with a bigger shot.

·
treblictuned
1,420 Posts
id look into nx direct port kit and go that route. i dont like the "injector nozzles" or whatever they are called. Have done a few cars making 400+ on stock motors with dry kits, adding the fuel throgh kpro. did one today that made 385/295 on 120 dry direct port

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I installed and tuned a RSX with that NX kit. The components are high quality and did not give me any trouble. The nitrous and fuel jets delivered different results than what am I used to; however, I quickly figured it out on the first couple of dyno pulls.

I personally run ZEX wet kits on my cars, because of their super high quality components and ease of installation (flexible lines). I have never had a ZEX solenoid fail on any of my cars. You just have to keep an eye on your connections (regularly clean them), install a gauge (or two) to monitor the pressure, and use a bottle warmer to run consistent bottle pressures.

There seems to be a big misconception that you do not add any fuel from your injectors when running wet kits. I have never tuned a wet kit (ZEX, NX, Holley, and Edelbrock) where I did not add fuel from the injectors (using KManager's nitrous windows). I have done extensive testing with different sizes of fuel jets and in order to tune for the type of torque gains, whp gains, and air/fuel ratios that I am looking for with nitrous, I always add fuel from the injectors.

Both wet and dry systems can be very effectively tuned using KManager. Both can be very safe when installed and tuned properly. Both are perfect candidates for lots of fun (at the track).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts