Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is my setup... its a k20a block w/ a k20a2 head stock cams stock intake manifold... aeromotive fpr ... stock fuel rail... dc sports headers... 2.5 in exhaust... prc ecu... primary and secondary o2 sensors are installed....

the car runs amazing... compression is 200-205 all the way across...

the problem is i noticed ... i have great low end power when the car is cold enough that vtec doesn't engage... ( u know what i mean)... the second the temp is about to normal... i notice while im driving that it feels like its holding back alot... even when vtec engages its not as powerful as it should be... its alot slower than when its cold

what can be the cause of all this... there is no cel but the code 39... i read in the sparkss conversion harness manual that its normal to have this code until u have hondata to disable the multiplex...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yo... it doesn't matter what gear it is in ... the car sucks ... its like having a low compression ls-vtec... i dont know wtf it might be...
vtec still works but u barely notice a difference...

before i installed the o2 sensors... it was worst than this... u knew the car was running lean... it would have no power from 1-6k then vtec would pop and it was a great amount of power... now it goes through the vtec crossover and it just doesn't feel like much...

oil pressure is high also...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Seems as of recent, a lot of people are coming out with issues like mine(and yours). After months of troubleshooting I think Ive found it to be the vtec solenoid clip, make sure it is solid and doesnt shake around. feels like it is holding back or hesitating?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vtec works every time... when its at the temp... but before the motor reaches that point is what im talkin about... also i had the car stopped... i reved it up to about 3k... dumpped it and instead of burnin tires it bogged down to 1500rpm and then slowly revs out all the way to 8500 w/ vtec workin... what do u recommend fuel pressure be set at??? i have it at 50psi...

·
Registered
797 Posts
hmmm 50psi is fine then. Could be a bad ecu? Try and get Kpro asap. I know someone locally(AZ) with a kpro'd ecu for 1000.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts