Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How ya doin, I am currently on ClubRSX as well, under same screenname. I am a noob to this stuff, though done mroe than most anyone in Arkansas(meaning I funded and was side by side the builder the entire time learning). My old setup, I was gonna put nitrous on, but a spun bearing caused me to sell the kit to pay for repairs, while at it I managed to convince wife that the cams were bad, so were valve train, needed a new clutch and flywheel, etc, lol. I ran the car for 17K miles with that setup, got ripped off with a set of FI cams rather than stage2 NA cams, but car did alright considering all the issues I had with it.

The rebirth... The car is currently getting rebuilt, first builder screwed the new setup up, by lining up the rings on my pistons I got, so I am getting my new sponsor to fix the issue and add more goodies. We are running Wiscoe 11.7:1 pistons that are ceramic coated on top for .003" extra layer, thin headgasket, flatface valves, and stage 2 headwork, as well as stage 3 Brian Crower cams. I am installing stock flywheel back in cause all I do is drag it, and the 7lb one was too light.

This is just an info on my 2003 RSX-S, I am from Beebe Arkansas, 24, been into racing every since I got the car in 05, I have only put 18K miles on the car since owning it, I bought it with a spun bearing and stupid me didnt know, I didnt know anything bout cars til now, still dont though.

I joined this site to broaden my horizon on learning all I can about the Kseries. I want to put it in a CRX one day but cant afford another car to do that to yet, unless a spare K and a shell fell in my lap. My sponsor is big in boost, I am with NA, so we met in middle and are gonna make this a Nitrous monster, hopes of 200 shot total to come, and if it holds together, we may see what the limits are by adding more, I would love to have a gaurded and sleeved block with 400 plus shot one day, as well as high compression.

If I ever get on here and make a stupid post, bear with me, its my lack of knowledge and that is why I made the post. Thanks for all the future help I get from here, I can already tell it will help me, cause though both sites have similar thoughts, there are added thoughts not found on the other as well. And if you have read all this, good deal, done more than I would have!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome aboard:up: and good luck with your build

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the dyno of the FI cam setup, also, after motor put back together we found the tensioner was a factory defect, so it wouldnt able us to change cam angles like it was suppose to, enabling the changes we did on dyno to take affect like it should...I was happy with results considering I was learning for first time on tuning myself.

Keep in mind AR does not have any 1/4 mile tracks, this is a 1K foot, for this class track record is 11 flat, I aim to shatter it in 09.

A race with me against that SC Si, of course this was before he SC'd it.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Welcome aboard........ :up:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys, I am certain it will...THough big plans now, being I hated to sit out the last half of the season, and the only half that pays out, I will save up for another block with same build as a spare. And if head goes, dang, lol.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
again, thanks for all the warm welcomes. Also, I downloaded the AEMPro on my computer to look it over, I like it, I like it lots, anyone running it? Also, does Variable valve #1 mean low cam and Variable Valve#2 mean high cam?

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
welcome and gl on the build

·
Registered
98 Posts
welcome, I'm new too, and from SE Missouri! My hometown is only about 45 miles from the northern border of AR.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts