Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
10,059 Posts
Gauge is at 60 until I turn on the car ...it never leaves 0
Could you please explain it a bit more clear your shortened thoughts? Even it is old, I am sorry, I didn't read it.

Ended up having to swep from the original k24z3 oil pump to the k20 type
Could you post the exact engine setup. There are a few things to take care of when swapping to the K20A2 pump.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
10,059 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
10,059 Posts
I suppose not...My oil light went off in seconds with the k20 pump
Oh, sorry to read this. Good you got is sorted and solved.

I wrongly assumed swapping pumps was optional on this build
It is an option. There is no need to swap the oil pump in a technical perspective. The cause it is done is because of the higher revving range of the K20 pump gear wheel, which has a lower gear ratio and the higher efficiency in the higher engine speeds. But baseline, the stock oil pump of the K24 is also in a K24/20 Frankenstein possible, just limiting engine speed to 7800 rpm or a bit more and adding some more friction horses into your setup.

I still don't get the idea why you had issues, the sandwich plate issue, you described, is just an user related issue, has nothing to do with the oil pump which is installed. The point is, once you swap in a K20 oil pump, then you have a list to work down before installation is finished and properly working.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
10,059 Posts
I cant leave the stock oil filter position and clear the midshaft, I had to relocate the oil filter
How does Honda do it on the TSX 🤔?

"We also encountered an issue with the oil filter flow routing. With the stock oil pump, the oil flows through the elaborate balance shaft housing to a passage in the block to the oil filter on the lower side of the engine in the bed plate. With the K20 oil pump the oil flows up the block to the filter on the front of the engine in the middle of the block. "
You need to block the oil passage...

Besides blocking the oil jet,
...wait, you block the oil squirters?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
10,059 Posts
-My guess would be different half shaft/different mounting`points
the rsx half shaft only mounts at 2 of the 3 connections( not ideal)
pics of k24z3 oil filter location
Uuuuuups, I missed that it's a Z3 style block. Sorry for that, I didn't allow this in my Synapses to connect together, because who the hell would like go through all that challenges with the Z-platform and I studied your pictures not much as I was still thinking about a cracked block and issues around it. Sorry for that circular discussion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts