Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there away to install an aftermarket oil pressure gauge while retaining the stock sending/sensing unit? Where would the new sending unit go into? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
get a oil filter sandwich thing. i got one for my oil press. and will use for my oil feed on my turbo as well. it has 4 ports i think.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
DO NOT use a NPT fitting on the block, it will eventually either break or leak, the block is threaded for a 1/8"BSPT thread.

There are several companies making the proper fittings.

They have double outlets, Always mount your electric sender unit off of the standoff with a AN line. The second line in this pic is for the head oiling mod.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
DO NOT use a NPT fitting on the block, it will eventually either break or leak, the block is threaded for a 1/8"BSPT thread.

They have double outlets, Always mount your electric sender unit off of the standoff with a AN line. The second line in this pic is for the head oiling mod.
I learned that one the hard way .. Lol

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Where'd you get the fitting pictured?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Hmmmm, I just tried to find the shop site that I got them at, and it is no longer in operation. I will see if i can find it elsewheres.

·
Registered
80 Posts
where can we find one of these fittings?
Clubrsx.com used to have a fitting. It was a 1/8th bspt fitting into the block with 4 ports for 1/8th npt fitting and 1 for 1/8th bspt.

It was like a little cube coming out of the block.
They don't have it listed anymore but email them, they might have some old stock somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
you should also be able to find some sort of fitting that will work at lowes, ace, home depot, etc. it may not be exactly as pic'd above but would work. may be a T or +, important thing to check is that its the correct thread pitch 1/8"b?? as ross stated above.

·
Registered
198 Posts
get a oil filter sandwich thing. i got one for my oil press. and will use for my oil feed on my turbo as well. it has 4 ports i think.
Both my brother and I run K series sandwich plates. They have 3 ports. Got them off ebay and they work great for the past season for me (2 for him)

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
you should also be able to find some sort of fitting that will work at lowes, ace, home depot, etc. it may not be exactly as pic'd above but would work. may be a T or +, important thing to check is that its the correct thread pitch 1/8"b?? as ross stated above.

You will NOT find the proper fittings at Home depot or lowes. 1/8"BSPT is not that common.

BSPT = British Standard Pipe Taper threads it is a finer pitch than 1/8" NPT(National Pipe taper) threads, running the NPT into the BSPT threads will actually tear the threads right out as you will only get in about 2 revolutions before the threads jam, then any more tightening is ripping threads out.

and without a readly available fitting from one of the common Kseries vendors the sandwich plate is the only easy option.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
that may be. i have no first hand exp. with k's, like i said earlier i got oil sandwich. i was really speaking from when i had a lsvtec turbo, i got my T fitting for back of block from ace hardware. i did not have a lsvtec conv. kit. just the brass fittings from ace. i do not know if k is diff. from b series in that matter, or maybe ace has better selection than lowes/depot. either way with the info of sizes he needs(1/8" bntp male/1/8"npt females etc.) he should be able to locate one somewhere around where he lives. we have a fastenall locally and they have just about any bolt/nut/fitting you should need or can get it. i am sure summit probably would have also.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
all honda motors use a 1/8 bpst fitting for the oil gauge sender. just get an adapter that goes to 1/8 inch npt and T it off that way, or get a sandwich plate. The difference in the two fittings is 1 thread per inch.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
there is a problem with sandwich plates on our motors - we already have oil coolers inbetween the block & the filter. You either delete the stock cooler (which actually works well) or you'll need a custom center bolt (see #17 in link below) & even then, thats asking for problems.
http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_...ionID=8&SectionID=1&IllustrationGroupID=14616

I've got some fittings laying around, I'll take pics if anyone needs one PM me

I run a single adapter on the back of my block (deleting oem oil pressure unit) for my defi oil pressure :up:

We've also ran a standard sandwich plate (deleting the oe cooler) & ran an external oil cooler . The cooler line fittings & the pressure sensor are all in the sandwich plate. this was on a race car & worked quite well

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
these are 20 or 25 on ebay and can keep factory oil cooler.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
I'd be worried about the quality of that ^ have you ever seen a sandwich plate fail :dance: that center bolt is :down: you get what you pay for & the engines oiling system is not something I'd take a chance on

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
was more less showing they make them to where you can keep factory oil cooler. i believe golden eagle makes one thats is better quaility.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
:up: cool, I just didn't want to steer anyone to the $20 ebay jointz & then hear that he puked all the oil out & ruined his bearings or worse

1 - 20 of 43 Posts