Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i broke the oil pan for the second time in about a month so thats only like 2 or 3 times driving it since its not my daily driver.. but i wana kno if i can use epoxy or jb weld to fix it instead of buying another oil pan...all suggestions and comments welcome

·
Registered
184 Posts
see if you can get the state to reimburse you. ive heard of people getting money for bending/braking wheels and tires due to potholes. may take a while but worth a shot. If i were you i'd raise the car up a bit and get another pan. i wouldnt risk it with jb weld

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ im definitily raising the car lol (to late now though the damage is done lol).. and i doubt the state will reimburse me but its worth a shot..one time i bent a rim and tried and they said there was nothing they can do

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for ur input...ill try to use the jb weld and see if it works if it doesnt then oh well.. it cant hurt to try right

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
thanks for ur input...ill try to use the jb weld and see if it works if it doesnt then oh well.. it cant hurt to try right
Yeah. All I did was take it off and spray it down with some carb cleaner and wipe it down with a clean rag. Let it set, then installed it. Worked like a charm.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
^^^ im definitily raising the car lol (to late now though the damage is done lol).. and i doubt the state will reimburse me but its worth a shot..one time i bent a rim and tried and they said there was nothing they can do
Yeah you actually can have the state reimburse you for it. but for what it's worth, grab the JB Weld and get to it.... Ive JB Welded a hole in a tranny casing and had it work just fine.. You just have to make sure that it is COMPLETELY dry..... Clean it off real good.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
since i have a k20 type s can i use a k24 (accord or crv) steel oil pan?? i kno there shaped alittle different but i heard that they fit fine..is this true

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Yes. There is more info in the oil section in the FAQ (see my signature for the link). I posted pics in the "Type S Oil Pump Conversion K20a Euro R Accord Dipstick" one and explained the differences. The other threads in there are good too :up:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes. There is more info in the oil section in the FAQ (see my signature for the link). I posted pics in the "Type S Oil Pump Conversion K20a Euro R Accord Dipstick" one and explained the differences. The other threads in there are good too :up:
so i can use a k24 oil pan on my k20 type s..?? ill try to get pics up asap so u guess can see what i mean when i say there shaped different

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
so i can use a k24 oil pan on my k20 type s..?? ill try to get pics up asap so u guess can see what i mean when i say there shaped different
i know they are different. Go to the FAQ, see the oil section, read the threads. :up:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i used the jb weld stick and it looks like i sealed up the hole and cracks i will be putting it on soon.. but how long do u guys think it will last me for since i used the epoxy stick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts