1.The engine is as tall as the H22 so it does have some ground clearance issues. We designed the kit to have as much ground clearance as possible without modifying the hood. If you choose to mount a taller K24, then you need to remove some of the inner hood structure. One thing we are doing to fix the ground clearance is to offer a new EK kit that uses the EG rear crossmember, lower control arms, and rack. This allows us to move the engine back about two inches. Becuase the hood slopes as it goes forward we were also able to increase ground clearance another inch.dohcvtec said:1) what about hood clearance and oil pan - to road cleareance? is it the same as a B-series or maybe H-series (which i dont like!!!) some pictures can be helpful!
2) wiring harness (this is going into a 98 Civic CX) no diagrams available? what is need and why?
3) what about Power Steering and A/C? i read about some ideas but havent seen a pic of anything... if i remember correctly hasport had some troubles in their Civic 2001 w/ K20A2 w hood clearance
4) most important, can someone comment about the general driveability of this swap... like lending it to your grandma?
2. You will need an RSX engine harness and an adapter harness of some sort. We sell one that not only has the necessary comnnections to run the engine, but AC clutch relay, MIL, Radiator fan switch, temp gauge feed, alternator charge indicator, brake position, and I forget what else.
3. AC isn't a huge problem, there is room for the condensor on the opposite side as to where it is normally mounted. The only issue becomes having someone make AC lines for you. P/S is interesting I got an email from a customer who said that the P/S fits with just a little trimming of the inner hood structure. Once I try this on our EK I will go back and post pictures and info on the process. As soon as I can I will also post some picture of an EG with AC.
4. Driveability suffers not at all. The engine is basically weight as the B-series motor and because the engine is opposite the driver the balance is better. Andrie Hartanto who races an EK in NASA's Honda Challenge H1 class said that there were no ill afects to his handling, in fact he picked up two seconds a lap.
I hope I've answered your questions, we are in the process of making some changes to the project car section of our web site to include more technical information on this and other swaps.