Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
First off get rid of that Fram oil filter. Those are on of the worse cardboard filters there is. K&N or OEM oil filters is what I personally use.

Now do you have full oil or is it low? The only reason for the oil light to come on is if you're low on oil or have low oil pressure.
Oil pressure doesn't mean you have full oil. BUT for it to be running at almost 30 psi seems off. Your oil pressure should typically 10-15 psi as I have always known.
Maybe replace the oil gauge itself. Auto Meter is one of the cheaper gauges so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't reading right. I'm not to familiar with K-PRO so unless you changed something for that oil pressure in the tune then idk what you did.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,148 Posts
Have oil light changed rear sensor and cleaned ports it happened after I pulled fuses or messed w sensor on kpro now it's on is 30psi good? View attachment 106593
View attachment 106592
View attachment 106591
where is the heat shield for the VTEC spool assembly? There are electrical components there that need the protection.

Something to consider when I look at the turbo manifold is looks like it maybe leaking on the far right side near the spool assembly... could be wrong.

I would move to exhaust studs instead of bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts