Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two thoughts and some feedback are either lose filter or valve cover gasket, letting the car cool down so i can clean it off and check

Well I dont remember hitting anything and I am running royal purple changed it a few months ago, I have all the stuff to change it again.

It started after the 2 hour drive from Gainesville back to Orlando. I came home parked and everything fine, now theres a puddle of oil everywhere. I look around nothing in the motor. I turn the car on wash it move it around no leak. Today I go out to drive the car a lil and come home and oils all over the back side of the valve cover near the header. I have no idea where the oil is coming from but its splattered everywhere all over the subframe and all.

The filter was bright yellow now its covered and looks gross, I am thinking maybe its lose somehow but not sure how after 2 months. Any ideas?

here are pics i doubt you can get the idea but the filter can splatter all the way up to the strut and stuff?

edit today:
i wiped down and let the car run and no leaks... i mean i think its only when moving it leaks. the valve cover gasket looks fine, I think im gonna just change it anyways get some honda bond change the oil and go from there...

no oil on the spark plugs

is there anything in kpro that I could check to tell whats off?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
wipe the filter and that area down and check to see where the oil starts. if you think it only drips when moving, drive around the block and then take a look. Not much in kpro can tell you about whats off. possibly the sensor on top of the oil filter or the valve cover gasket.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Possible that the last person who did an oil change didn't wipe it down after changing. If it ran down, it explains the wet spot on the subframe. It can also get on the axle which *may* have flung it up high enough to hit the valve cover (would also expect to see some oil on the firewall as well if this were the case).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you check all the gromits and valve cover bolts? You could have snapped it off and it won't leak unless youre driving because its up top. I've done this, must have torqued it down too hard when I changed the VC gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.