Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in light of my EG being taken too far to the right and it doesn't like the cold weather now because of the tune (I'm just tired of driving an hour to do retuned) I thought I would do an EK build. Yes, and not turbo it!!
My intentions for this build won't be as bling but still with quality parts.
I first had to start with a 3 week adventure of finding a true clean title EK hatch that was either white or silver.

And I have a time of parts already.
I'm going with the Hasport EKK2 and I'll be using an eg subframe with manual rack. I have the hardrace front control arms, inner and outer tie rods, rear trailing arm pillow bushing, front and rear camber kits, toe kit and center roll adjusters.
I'm going to install the circuit hero oil pan baffle and timing chain guid. I also bought the CSF full radiator (it's supposed to be a "drop in").
I also went with Karcepts ac/ps delete kit, fuel rail, 36mm hubs, clutch line and shifter plate.
Action clutch stage 4 with ligh flywheel. Also a Mfactory LSD.
Of course Kpro version 4 and heat shield.
Rcrew header, bolt boys mount hardware and chassis kit.
As well as some stuff I'm not mentioning.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Some downstar mount bolts and chassis dress up.

Today I got the rear disk brakes in along with all the hard race rear control arm stuff. I also installed the Goodridge braided lines as well.

Well I found out my rear hatch weather stripping may be bad. I had a puddle of water in the trunk area.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Picked up a front ad rear set of Spoon strut bars for $240. The catch was the front bar had stripped bolts.

If you've been keeping up with my eg build, you'll know that the re-polish will be bad ass!

I also went with some deal sol seats because I was tired of hitting my beanie on the roof.

I picked up a set of Blox competition coilovers for $200. I'm just gonna see what these are like for the time being. I bought them because they where super cheap!!

So I definitely have a big water leak. So bad the carpet ended up with mold. I ended up pulling the carpet out and clean up really good. I need to figure out where this leak is coming from.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cleaned up and pulled the k20 out.

Time to pull the trans and start installing parts. It's a little dirty.

Anyone ever see this shifter before?

New rear main seal and thrust bearing installed.

Torquing down the fly wheel.

Clutch installed...

Now I need to install the Mfactory LSD.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some more parts:
ATC steering wheel, new!

Works bell hub and Daikai extension.

Buddy club P1 LCAs.

And the JDM CTR push out cup holder.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Changed the Vtec solenoid gasket and pressure switch o-ring.

Installed the Mfactory Lsd and put the trans back on the motor.

I mocked up the hasport mounts with Boltboy hardware. And I don't know what it is with hasport, but this is the second time I was shorted on bolts (not worried, since I had the boltboys kit). And the rear bracket doesn't fit right, again!
And since I was on a roll with fucked off orders, boltboys also shorted me bolts too. But luckily I have extra boltboy kits.

The motors ready, now I'm waiting on some hybrid racing parts that I selected for 3 day shipping (wasn't cheap) and 7 days later I have yet to receive a shipped email.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: I canceled my order that I placed with THMotorsports after 1. I received another back order email and 2. Not recieving any shipping info after 7 days. I would have never have been notified if I hadn't asked about my order. I'll be contacting Mike at ktuned now.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts