Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its been awhile since I last had a Civc hatch. I had to step out of the import tuning game for a bit to get personal stuff situated. But here I am, back in the thick of things. I've been working hard for the last month doing swaps, and fixing cars, even flippin cars. I had an opportunity to pick up a k20a2 out of a crashed RSX for super cheap, I just had to pull the motor out. Wanted to take more pix but I forgot when I started so I only took a few once I got the swap home.

crappy pix sorry.
Heres my hatch, its a work in progress. I bought new fenders for it cause these fenders are beat. It needs some body work though, not much. I'm gonna repaint the car the 95 si blue pearl, because I F'in love that color! I currently have an Itr swap in there, but thats getting sold.

I'm doing yet another version of my personal wire tuck. Im changing the way the chassis harness is routed this time for accessibility, and cleanliness. I do all my own wiring, cause I love wiring. Wiring just come so easy for me, I don't know why.

All in all, I'm excited! I've been looking at a lot of this forums build threads, and I have a really good idea of what I'm gonna do. Thanks to all your guys pix and info on all the swaps, it really helps me out. I'll update this thread in a few weeks once I get the mounts, kpro and the other little swap parts in.

Mike:dance:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was able to get in touch with my man Dan at RCREW last week. We created a priority list of swap parts to start off. My first goal is to get the car running first. Dan had some Hasport mounts for me already, I also gave him my ecu and ordered the Kpro. Dan also hooked me up with one of his K series fuel rails. I added some flare to it though...

I had some time today and pulled the ITR motor swap out and was able to get the K-twinkie in.

Since its going to be the Christmas season soon, this project is gonna get put into the back burner to after christmas, and yes I put some k swap parts on my own Christmas wish list:rolleyes:. LOL!!
Well Gents, I'm off to bed. Hope you all enjoy your days and nights...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
a quick update for you guys.

I wired in my S2K cluster, and mounted it along with the re-installation of the dash.

I bought the Karcepts 36mm hubs from Dan at Rcrew, while I was disassembling the existing hubs, I found out that one side was from a DA and the other was a stock DX hub. I bought some gsr hubs from a guy locally. Now I can istall the new bearings and 36mm hubs. I also bought a crv axle to match up with my driver side rsx axle, as recemended by karcepts.

Also picked up a Koyo rsx radiator!

While the hubs were off I found a killer deal on a complete Energy Suspention bushing kit. SO here I am having some fun!!

Here is a before and after shot...

and complete!

Ha!! I laugh at old rubber bushings!!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I got it cheap with the speedo healer and the modifry ect healer. Wiring was fairly easy. The mounting was tricky, but thank goodness for tap plastics!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another update for you guys...

Thanks to some money I got for Christmas I was able to buy the Karcepts from negrok20.

and installed

I did some customizing of the K-Tunned ep3 adjustable idler pulley kit.

I also mounted the RSX Koyo radiator, but I haven't re-istalled it, so no pix of that. Right now its just a bunch of little knick knack stuff and the R-crew header, then the motor should be running.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks...
I like the little touches. My accent theme is purple, but I'm trying not to over load the car/engine bay with purple.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts