Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I realize that they read differently but I had the car was on a dynopak last night and a dynojet the day before. And put down "around" the same.

Reguardless I guarantee the car on the dyno in this thread would eat up the one from last night.

I was just expecting a little more :/

·
Registered
749 Posts
Tuning Factory said:
I realize that they read differently but I had the car was on a dynopak last night and a dynojet the day before. And put down "around" the same.

Reguardless I guarantee the car on the dyno in this thread would eat up the one from last night.

its also in a ep3 chassis. Swaps tend to have higher peak numbers since there header usually have longer primaries

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Tuning Factory said:

correct me if I am wrong but chassis of this car from cam test was either ep3 or dc5... heavier wheels/brakes & possibly PS & A/C - i have seen these chassis consistantly dyno estimated 10 whp less than if it where a eg/dc/ek

dyno is known as the "heartbreaker" I think its possibly below sea level (thus MAYBE) contributing to lower #'s by another 10 or so whp

feel free to correct me if I am wrong... were all of you graphs SAE tuning factory??? yet another factor... my guess is this car would be like 230-240 & like 260-275 @ church :silly:

what he said ^ too

·
Registered
749 Posts
6spd_EK said:
correct me if I am wrong but chassis of this car from cam test was either ep3 or dc5... heavier wheels/brakes & possibly PS & A/C - i have seen these chassis consistantly dyno estimated 10 whp less than if it where a eg/dc/ek

dyno is known as the "heartbreaker" I think its possibly below sea level (thus MAYBE) contributing to lower #'s by another 10 or so whp

feel free to correct me if I am wrong... were all of you graphs SAE tuning factory??? yet another factor... my guess is this car would be like 230-240 & like 260-275 @ church :silly:

what he said ^ too
that too :cool:

·
Banned
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Tuning Factory said:
I didn't read the whole thread, but we squeezed 218whp out of a stock k20a2 with Rcrew header, omifab intake, and apexi Noir exhaust, Kpro.

So they are only making 225whp with 12.5:1 compression and these cams?

Just curious.... This is not a stab at anyone, i am just wondering if I missed something. And if i did please point me to it!

Thank you guys!
to put things in perspective:

a RSX Type-S with DC shorty Header, AEM Intake, Greddy exhaust made 186whp on our dynojet

A rsx Type-S with IPS K2s, RBS Intake, and SSR Header made 217whp

Chunkys K20A2 motor with ITR Pistons, ITR cams made 210whp

Chunkys K20A2 motor with CP Pistons, Eagle Rods, IPS K2s and S2S2s made 230+whp

Josh Greens EG hatch with I/H/E made 202whp

·
Registered
792 Posts
And he's not running a race header, he has a Borla shorty header, at least last time I heard. Also, the dyno is probably about 1000 ft above sea level, not below

·
Registered
302 Posts
This is so much better than clubrsx...:up:

321 - 330 of 330 Posts