Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrighty, i did a search and found nothing, so here it is, im a HT member also and ive seen the long a$$ threads of hundreds of awesome custom valve covers, or just just plain good color combos with the valve cover and car. Not only that i want some ideas for mine......oh and lets try to keep this a k-series valve cover thread:silly:

LETS SEE EM:D

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
Re: !!!!!---official: Post Your Valve Covers---!!!!!

mine, all smoothed and shaved, gonna redo it again though since I have changed color schemes....

I dunno how many you are gonna see here, there arent like valve cover contests and stuff on here like there are on HT.

-Col:up:

·
Registered
68 Posts

All three of mine are body color. Trying to decide if I want to change one and swap it on or not. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
360 Posts

hey how do you guys shave the valve covers like that? those look DAMN clean! i wanna try that with my type s valve cover!

·
Registered
18,977 Posts

80 grit sandpaper.....use a high build primer (to hide scratches) paint....its honestly that simple

·
Registered
21,788 Posts

hey how do you guys shave the valve covers like that? those look DAMN clean! i wanna try that with my type s valve cover!
palm sander and 5 sheets of 400 something grit. I just took my time so I wouldnt have to primer it, just sanded it slowly and smoothly. And the center spark plug cover is a secret of mine, along with the oil cap

·
Registered
68 Posts

palm sander and 5 sheets of 400 something grit. I just took my time so I wouldnt have to primer it, just sanded it slowly and smoothly. And the center spark plug cover is a secret of mine, along with the oil cap
I don't see any secrets in here. Looks like it's smoothed, just like my larger TSX spark cover, which is painted body color. :confused: Your oil cap is just sanded down and looks like a pain in the ass to open now.

·
Registered
21,788 Posts

I don't see any secrets in here. Looks like it's smoothed, just like my larger TSX spark cover, which is painted body color. :confused: Your oil cap is just sanded down and looks like a pain in the ass to open now.
But its not. notice on mine, the spark plug cover is recessed into the VC, not covering the area. And the Oil cap is easier to open then stock, but requires thought to do so :wink:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

ok come on lets keep this thing alive!:up: i knew not to expect anything like a thread for b series valve covers......but i know theres more than a hand full on k20:confused:

1 - 20 of 307 Posts