Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
how much ground clearance is gained going from a k20a2 oil pan to k24? Is it worth sacrificing bracing the transmission? I know the k24 is cheaper (that doesnt really matter)

I just busted my a2 oil pan and I cant decide which one to go with. I would rather not bust another and raising the car is not an option as im on H&R race springs

·
Registered
95 Posts
this is prolly a stupid question but im curious to know.... so what mounts acually give best oil pan clearance? or are they all the same?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hasport EKK2 mounts give better clearance than the EKK1s. Not sure how they compare to the Hybrid Racing mounts. There are plenty of threads that discuss this (including this one), just read and search.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hasport EKK2 mounts give better clearance than the EKK1s. Not sure how they compare to the Hybrid Racing mounts. There are plenty of threads that discuss this (including this one), just read and search.
well i only ask cuz i cant find anything so my question is hasport ekk2 or hybrid ekk2 witch ones have the better ground clearance or are the the same?

·
Registered
21 Posts
does anyone know if you can use a steel oil pan onto a k20z3 with the stock z3 oil pump?

yea the z3 pan is a POS and it hangs low as balls. some people might say other wise, but the k24 pan WONT i repeat WILL NOT fit just directly with the stock oil pick up because it hangs LOW, what I did to fit my k24 pan was i slightly hammered around the edges of the oil pick up to make the pan fit, otherwise it would go on one side fine and the other side would be a gap. no problems and this i did about a month or more ago
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I forgot to take pics of the axles.

-K20A2 w/ stock aluminum oil pan
-Height from ground to top of wheel arch: 23"
-Wheels in pic: OEM Si's w/195/50/15 General Altimaxxx snow tires
-Oil pan clearance: ~3.75-4"

Initially raised my car about 2" for the swap. Going to switch out the aluminum pan for a steel one and hopefully lower the front an inch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an eg Si with a k24a1 desk I'm running hasport motor mounts and rsx base model axles. My passenger side axles rubs the sub frame? Anyone know why?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Question hopefully someone can help me before I weld my mount bracket in . I have innovative billet mounts now there are 2 settings one for a PS rack and one for a manual rack . The setting for the PS rack pushing the motor more towards the radiator support while the setting for the manual rack puts it back a inch towards the firewall . When it is pushed back towards the firewall the axle angle is dead straight into the Trans such as - and the one more towards the rad. support has them in a slight angle . I want to set it towards the rad. support so the weight is more in the front for my 60 ft . Plus it gives me more Clarence for my header. I guess my question is will the axles being in that angle hurt me ? I'm using the 36mm axles ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
DO IT!

- Gain 1'' over stock clearance.
- Integrate baffles in pan.

I'm sold.
The biggest problem with making the pan shallower is that you would need to modify the pump. That would make the cost substantial because now you would have to buy the oil pan and the oil pump. If you look in the Industry-New products section, you will see the pan we currently make. It is stock depth but it has a ton of internal features for the hardcore racer.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The biggest problem with making the pan shallower is that you would need to modify the pump. That would make the cost substantial because now you would have to buy the oil pan and the oil pump. If you look in the Industry-New products section, you will see the pan we currently make. It is stock depth but it has a ton of internal features for the hardcore racer.
Oh trust me, I am very aware of how close the oil pump sits to the bottom of the pan. A new oil pump and pan are not out of reach. Most would rather buy dry-sump.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh trust me, I am very aware of how close the oil pump sits to the bottom of the pan. A new oil pump and pan are not out of reach. Most would rather buy dry-sump.
The problem with dry sump is all of the extra weight and the cost of doing it. Also you have to remember that the dry sump system even though it is the absolute most efficient means of engine oiling, your entire lifeline to the engine relies on ONE belt. If that belt slips or breaks, its game over.

We make dry sump stuff here as well. It's just extremely expensive on a K series.

Look up k20yle's build. Look how extensive a dry sump on a K really is.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts