Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
for all those who have pm'd me, i havent been here in probably over a year.

to clear it up
this is my (sold) k20z3 on a k24 pan that i hammered the edges and worked my way into hammering the center for the oil pick up to have clearance . car was daily driven never had an issue after doing this

k24 pan on k20z3 (no wheel gap)

and then the hideous k20z3 pan that hit everywhere and cracked

·
Registered
54 Posts
Question hopefully someone can help me before I weld my mount bracket in . I have innovative billet mounts now there are 2 settings one for a PS rack and one for a manual rack . The setting for the PS rack pushing the motor more towards the radiator support while the setting for the manual rack puts it back a inch towards the firewall . When it is pushed back towards the firewall the axle angle is dead straight into the Trans such as - and the one more towards the rad. support has them in a slight angle . I want to set it towards the rad. support so the weight is more in the front for my 60 ft . Plus it gives me more Clarence for my header. I guess my question is will the axles being in that angle hurt me ? I'm using the 36mm axles ?
Did you figure this out??
I have the same question!! any one??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice thread.

I'm thinking of upgrading from EKK1 mounts to Hasport EKK2 mounts.

Is anyone certain of the rough gain in height clearance by doing this switch in mounts?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
If i run stock ride height in my 00 civic si. Will there be sufficient clearance to drive the car all year run in snow and sun?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Anyone have any pictures of the Ktuned pan? They state that they've very similar/identical to the K20A3/K24A pan, but I just wanted to see.

Hoping that I have enough ground clearance with a K24 block reasonably lowered on Fortune Auto's.

Edit: Just realized Ktuned addresses this in their thread - http://www.k20a.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2202706&postcount=29

I think I should be OK for daily driving unless I just flat out slam my car.

181 - 200 of 206 Posts