Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1401 - 1410 of 1410 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
My EP3.

K24 SP 12.5 pistons and bc rods.
BC stage3
K20 head with head work and obviously Vtrain.
Skunk Ultra street intake
Tigewa 72mm TB
1000 CC ID'S
4 into 1 locally made Header with 76 mm 2 box exhaust system.
Tuned on Kpro4 by myself currently on 95 unleaded
did a 13.1 on the draggy with 2.3 60ft and 185 kph exit on the street but i daily the car with toyo R888
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plot

The mid can be much better but I know, but that's down to the Header I have tried different cams angles and have moved vtec point as well. I will most likely change to a 4 2 1 header some time in the feature but for now im enjoying her. :)

·
Super Moderator
2002 DC5 Type S
1,834 Posts
The dip at 6,000rpm is something to be worked out, all in all good job tuning yourself and nice that the TQ is still flat at 8,000-8200rpm. This is an impressive set up thank you for sharing. How is that TB working for you so far - are they nice parts from Tiegwa?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The dip at 6,000rpm is something to be worked out, all in all good job tuning yourself and nice that the TQ is still flat at 8,000-8200rpm. This is an impressive set up thank you for sharing. How is that TB working for you so far - are they nice parts from Tiegwa?
I have a ktuned 80mm one on my k24 swap spyder and the tb's throttle on the ep3 feels way better. No idling issues what so ever. I had to put in some work on the ktuned one to get it acceptable on the daily and sometimes it still gets stuck at 1400rpm quick throttle blip usually sorts it out. If i could change the MR2 one to one to the Tigewa one I would. Unfortunately it does not come in 80mm.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,746 Posts
Thanks for sharing those two videos @Kowalski999.

Richards testing of 4-1 vs 421 (3Y) header.
Nice back to back test. I am sure there are 4-2-1 and 4-1 headers with an optimized design bumping the power even more up. Assuming this to be correct, the test would be a bit to digital, not supplying the different options of each header system. A generalization from the results here would be consequently not fair.

Also this is really nice build with some good data.
So it is a 87.5x99 engine with 338 hp and 290 Nm?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Richard also tested different design of 4-1 vs that 421 header and that 4-1 mani was not good. Also different cams ect.

Here we have test of ultra street vs ultra race vs itb. Also some nice info.

Yeah that one on the bapro dyno looks to be stock bore and stroke engine. 338 hp at the crank. For me it makes sense because fromm al of the data that I saw k24 response massively to itb.

Attachments

1401 - 1410 of 1410 Posts