Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of buying one of these. which is better and reliable and stronger?

CRV B20 Bottom 2.0L
SIR B16A2 Top
ITR Internals
ITR Intake Manifold
ITR LSD Tranny
Toda Cams
JE Pistons

OR

Stock B18C5 USDM

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would go with the B20 to be unest. I use to have one non Vtec and it was fast. The other night i raced a B20 Vtec i won but it kept up and i'm pretty sure the guy didn't have a itr tranny lol. I have a stock GS-R not sure to swap the K20 into my EG!

·
Registered
13 Posts
jaiden said:
im thinking of buying one of these. which is better and reliable and stronger?

CRV B20 Bottom 2.0L
SIR B16A2 Top
ITR Internals
ITR Intake Manifold
ITR LSD Tranny
Toda Cams
JE Pistons

OR

Stock B18C5 USDM
what kinda itr internals are u plannin to use? looks like u got pistons, why would u not use the b20 crank....so is it just the rods? lol better get to sleevin that motor b20 sleeves are weak...im not a big fan of b20's plus im lazy to do all that work so id say the C5....that b20 set up would be faster tho

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a crvtec right now and yes the setup you plan is going to be alot faster then a stock type r. you setup tuned right should make roughly 195-210 hp depending on tuning. the itr or gsr crank and rods are an awesome idea. it will allow you to rev to about 8500-9000 alot safer then the b20 crank and rods. i am personally swapping crank and rods this spring. it will make it to a high 1.9l. you do not need to sleeve it if you plan on staying allmotor. one last thing i think you know this already but make sure you get 84 mm pistons and even better get it bored and run 84.5 i heard it will seal better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.