Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on a k24a2 swap into my em2. If I have a 2003 RSX base PND ECU can I use the k-tuned tucked engine harness? Aside from the cost, is there any reason not to use it in favor of a 02-04 RSX engine harness?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am planning on a k24a2 swap into my em2. If I have a 2003 RSX base PND ECU can I use the k-tuned tucked engine harness? Aside from the cost, is there any reason not to use it in favor of a 02-04 RSX engine harness?
You can use the k20 harness that came with the motor you have. You dont need to buy a tucked harness if you're not going for show room looks. You should be able to use the 02-04 harness, you can either repin, or buy a plug and play swap harness that will work with your in dash harness.
Here is a link to the harness. It plugs into your dash harness, and into the rsx harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can use the k20 harness that came with the motor you have. You dont need to buy a tucked harness if you're not going for show room looks. You should be able to use the 02-04 harness, you can either repin, or buy a plug and play swap harness that will work with your in dash harness.
Here is a link to the harness. It plugs into your dash harness, and into the rsx harness.

Ahh, maybe I am confusing myself. I thought when I get the engine it’ll usually come with just a charge harness. And that I still need to find the conversion harness and engine harness? I was going to get the conversion harness you linked below and opt for the tucked harness instead of the 02-04 rsx harness as long as there isn’t a good reason to go OEM.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ahh, maybe I am confusing myself. I thought when I get the engine it’ll usually come with just a charge harness. And that I still need to find the conversion harness and engine harness? I was going to get the conversion harness you linked below and opt for the tucked harness instead of the 02-04 rsx harness as long as there isn’t a good reason to go OEM.
Well either way you need a engine harness. The tucked harness is the engine harness. It just looks better. But you can go oem for simplicity sake. But, in order for your engine to communicate to the car, you will need to get the swap conversion harness, its not the engine harness, but a harness that's between your engine harness and car harness. There are pins on the c101 plug that need to be moved so the car can communicate to the engine. But instead of repinning, you can buy the swap harness and plug it into the rsx engine harness then plug it into your car harness. The swap harness is what i sent you, it includes a relay for the primary O2 sensor so you don't need to do much wiring.

So, what you will need
1. A clean un-cut Ep3/rsx engine harness
2. Ktuned swap harness

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well either way you need a engine harness. The tucked harness is the engine harness. It just looks better. But you can go oem for simplicity sake. But, in order for your engine to communicate to the car, you will need to get the swap conversion harness, its not the engine harness, but a harness that's between your engine harness and car harness. There are pins on the c101 plug that need to be moved so the car can communicate to the engine. But instead of repinning, you can buy the swap harness and plug it into the rsx engine harness then plug it into your car harness. The swap harness is what i sent you, it includes a relay for the primary O2 sensor so you don't need to do much wiring.

So, what you will need
1. A clean un-cut Ep3/rsx engine harness
2. Ktuned swap harness
Cool, makes sense. Thanks a lot for the info!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool, makes sense. Thanks a lot for the info!
And if you get a engine harness from somone on ebay, its usually a complete harness that comes with the 2 awg wire for the battery. Cheaper, but still $280 some cost up to $400 unless if you can find a crv with a k20 in the salvage yard, you can spend a couple of hours pulling it and get it for 50 bucks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go OEM especially if you have PDC. You want that rear PDC to turn off when the trailer harness is connected, otherwise it will drive you nuts. Also, with OEM, you get iDrive notifications (type and location) when a trailer lamp is burned out or not working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts