Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello (2004 DC5-S),

I have a very unusual sound coming from my CMC area / the sound is a squeaky sound almost like a spring coiling as I push the clutch in.

I had my CMC CSC switched out after the seals going bad. Changing them out has so far been fine no problems but here is where I am lost:

The sound is

1. ONLY when the car is running (if i push the clutch in when car is not running no sounds are produced) so it seems that while the car is under load, the sound is present.

2. Literally only makes sound SOMETIMES it seems as I drive the car the sounds return and then disappear then return.

I have no idea if the CMC is going bad again after 1,000 +- miles or if the sounds are something else or it is just the sound of my clutch fork not being properly greased or what...?

Thanks!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,598 Posts
1. ONLY when the car is running (if i push the clutch in when car is not running no sounds are produced) so it seems that while the car is under load, the sound is present.
2. Literally only makes sound SOMETIMES it seems as I drive the car the sounds return and then disappear then return.
Hello redtypekb, it's difficult to analyse it when it can't be heard. Could be the clutch bearing, but also the timing chain and some other noises sensitive to load variations. Could you please make a video of it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Grease your clutch for and see what happens.
If there is ever something simple you can do that even has a small chance of fixing it, do it.

My car makes a squeek when i press the clutch but its the pedal push rod that needs greasing.
Maybe try that too?

·
Premium Member
10,420 Posts
Noise only when running makes me think throw out bearing, possible could be pilot bushing but honestly less likely due to no moving parts.
Like randomdan said keep it simple

1 - 4 of 4 Posts