Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my K20a2 running for about a year now, the car drives fine and has no issues I have been using my AEM UEGO to monitor A/F. However I cant seem to get the factory o2 sensor to read in K manager, i have looked at various threads and confirmed all the wires going to A connector and one going to E connector from o2 relay. I have traced all the wires and followed a few threads but I still get no signal in kpro and throw a code. I have also tried switching the two black wires around.

Question is does your o2 relay click when you turn key? Mine does not

I have a brand new denso 234-9005 and a known used 02-04 rsx-s sensor but still get no signal. Can anyone please shed some wisdom.

Harness is Ktuned

Kpro throws code P1166

Thanks DJ

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure sounds good from what your saying i would recheck fuses. And make sure the wires are connected from harness to the o2 plug
Im not sure which fuses to check, I put in a new relay and it clicks now when I turn the key but no reading from sensor. I triple checked the wires going to sensor/harness/relay. I did read a hondata write up and it said "You must use a relay if you want to use the o2 sensor. The ECU looks at the voltage on the relay via pin 15 so there is no way around this." Pin 15?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok been doing some more testing on my day off, on the c101 20 pin conector the white wire (15) that goes to relay/sensor gets 12v with key on but as soon as the car is started it loses all voltage?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Ok been doing some more testing on my day off, on the c101 20 pin conector the white wire (15) that goes to relay/sensor gets 12v with key on but as soon as the car is started it loses all voltage?
Did you ever fix this issue? I have the same issue.. at first I had no codes, but reading 25-30:1 AFR's. The after switching the wires to where thought were good, im getting p1166 heater code and stuck at 10.7:1 in kpro with no voltage in kpro either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
P1166....

I really hope this helps someone out because this was a real pain in the ass to find on my own.

So I threw a p1166 code recently and went through the entire service manual procedure diagnosing it... two new denso o2 sensors, checked continuity ,voltages etc...no luck. I have k pro and I was not getting any signal for afr...

Long story short my problem was with my o2 sensor relay. The relay itself would click on like it should, but was not receiving enough power I'm guessing...after removing the relay halfway from the plug and starting the car, my p1166 was gone and kpro had afr reading. So I'm guessing intermittent connection is your problem.
So even if your really clicks, it can be bad...
Hope this helps..

And if anyone was wondering, the #2349005 primary o2 from auto zone works just fine instead of the o2 from acura which costs over twice the price.

·
Registered
128 Posts
P1166....

I really hope this helps someone out because this was a real pain in the ass to find on my own.

So I threw a p1166 code recently and went through the entire service manual procedure diagnosing it... two new denso o2 sensors, checked continuity ,voltages etc...no luck. I have k pro and I was not getting any signal for afr...

Long story short my problem was with my o2 sensor relay. The relay itself would click on like it should, but was not receiving enough power I'm guessing...after removing the relay halfway from the plug and starting the car, my p1166 was gone and kpro had afr reading. So I'm guessing intermittent connection is your problem.
Hope this helps..

And if anyone was wondering, the #2349005 primary o2 from auto zone works just fine instead of the o2 from acura which costs over twice the price.
Where is this relay located?

·
Registered
2 Posts
P1166....

Hope this helps..

Location from O2 sensor relay.Please.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts