Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Rules for street class has some flexibility.

I know one rule is stock glass but guys take the guts out of the doors and seal the windows. Little brackets that hold the back seats get removed and tons of little things that add up quick.

In any event....it's a quick car that's what......2000lbs without driver?
I thought I saw 2150lbs?

·
Registered
4,294,967,294 Posts

I know one rule is stock glass but guys take the guts out of the doors and seal the windows. Little brackets that hold the back seats get removed and tons of little things that add up quick.

I thought I saw 2150lbs?
Maybe. Maybe it had a 2.6L motor in it too. We will see how it does next season. :)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have seen 1500lb DC2 that had a full built K with huge ITB's (55-65mm a piece) and he only hit 10.03 (back to back). I never seen a car so stripped before. All tube chassis and sheet metal floor.

Biggest variant is the time of year and the weather. When I saw the DC2....it was 95 degrees. Norris was driving in much more optimal conditions with a car that weighs more.

Great accomplishment in any event :up:

·
Registered
444 Posts

I thought I saw 2150lbs?

2160, thats race weight for that class

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Maybe. Maybe it had a 2.6L motor in it too. We will see how it does next season. :)
yah.. maybe a 2.6 LOL

lets see if he can back it up next year at any big events :popcorn:

Also, why did it take so long for someone to post this up on here?

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
He is not going to drive the car again, its his wife's car :p

Methanol is not allowed for these cars but is that really cheating? Test and tune means no rules

It was a good move for someone that has been running 9s since 2004 LOL

Can you believe norris eg went almost as fast as Dr Charles did with the skunk2 pro all motor car? LOL

·
Premium Member
19,965 Posts
Will there ever be a SVM drag car? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have seen 1500lb DC2 that had a full built K with huge ITB's (55-65mm a piece) and he only hit 10.03 (back to back). I never seen a car so stripped before. All tube chassis and sheet metal floor.

Biggest variant is the time of year and the weather. When I saw the DC2....it was 95 degrees. Norris was driving in much more optimal conditions with a car that weighs more.

Great accomplishment in any event :up:
was it a black DC2 at sac raceway?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
yah.. maybe a 2.6 LOL

lets see if he can back it up next year at any big events :popcorn:

Also, why did it take so long for someone to post this up on here?
I was wondering the same thing, but i kinda noticed that these sort of threads don't get much replies. I guess not many on this forum are into official drag racing......they are more so into street racing.:what:

1 - 20 of 252 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.