Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garwood, NJ - Is there any horsepower to be made in motor oil? This is a very good topic that has been debated by many for quite some time. Nyce1s.com and BYTuning decided to tackle this topic in the first episode of a series of oil tests that will be conducted.

Click this link below for the video article and oil test!!!

http://www.nyce1s.com/articles/oil_challenge_1.html

Click this link below for the video article and oil test!!!

http://www.nyce1s.com/articles/oil_challenge_1.html

Test Vehicle: 1993 Honda Civic Hatchback

Modifications: Acura RSX Type-S Cylinder Head, Stock Acura TSX K24 Block, Custom Sheet Metal Intake Manifold

Vehicle Built By:
BYTuning
753 Lehigh Ave
Union, NJ

Dyno Facility:
1320 Performance
Garwood, NJ

·
Registered
274 Posts
Im posting to give my cars specific motor set-up....before any questions come up...

Stock TSX K24 block/rod/piston, with modded Type S oil pump.
Stock Type S cylinder head with R-Crew cams,springs,retainers.
Custom sheetmetal intake manifold with Accufab 80mm TB.
DTR 4-2-1 race header with 3' full exhaust with magnaflow muffler.
RC 750cc injectors....
AEM ECU..
K-Tuned external waterpump/block-off plate.

For the oil test and AEM/KPRO battle, our car was on 93 octane pump gas from Delta gas station....

This motor has been used non-stop since the 2005 race season and is alittle tired but still going strong...

The AEM was already tuned and was untouched for this oil test, all the gains were from the oils we tested alone, no ecu tuning was done...

To satisfy some peoples requests to test higher $$ oils, we will be teaming up with Nyce1s , 1320 dyno and YOSOLO again in the near future to test Eneos,Royal Purple, also so stay tuned for our AEM vs. K-Pro challenge, which was shot the same nite after the oil shootout...So look out..

Thank you , any questions feel free to ask, they will be answered..

·
Registered
39,470 Posts
That's sick and I'm sure will answer a lot of questions regarding diff. motor oils that r out.
Are u guys planning on testing different weights of oil as well?

It's nice to see that car again. That beast was running 11's 3 years ago. :D :up:

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's sick and I'm sure will answer a lot of questions regarding diff. motor oils that r out.
Are u guys planning on testing different weights of oil as well?

It's nice to see that car again. That beast was running 11's 3 years ago. :D :up:
As far as weight, we plan to but maybe using a turbo car but thats not till it gets alittle warmer outside for the 20 weight...lol....

·
Registered
605 Posts
did u change oil filters as well? which one was used?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Im posting to give my cars specific motor set-up....before any questions come up...

Stock TSX K24 block/rod/piston, with modded Type S oil pump.
Stock Type S cylinder head with R-Crew cams,springs,retainers.
Custom sheetmetal intake manifold with Accufab 80mm TB.
DTR 4-2-1 race header with 3' full exhaust with magnaflow muffler.
RC 750cc injectors....
AEM ECU..
K-Tuned external waterpump/block-off plate.

This motor has been used non-stop since the 2005 race season and is alittle tired but still going strong...

The AEM was already tuned and was untouched for this oil test, all the gains were from the oils we tested alone, no ecu tuning was done...

To satisfy some peoples requests to test higher $$ oils, we will be teaming up with Nyce1s , 1320 dyno and YOSOLO again in the near future to test Eneos,Royal Purple, also so stay tuned for our AEM vs. K-Pro challenge, which was shot the same nite after the oil shootout...So look out..

Thank you , any questions feel free to ask, they will be answered..
I can't wait for the Kpro vs AEM battle. Is Yosolo tuning the Kpro.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Very interesting test. Although this cannot be an end all to the debate, it sure helps draw conclusions a little better. Good job guys!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can't wait for the Kpro vs AEM battle. Is Yosolo tuning the Kpro.
I was surprized myself but not shocked at the results...

Of course YOSOLO is tuning the K-PRO... lol
He is the only one that tunes our car, plus he might get mad if we get someone else, being that he works @ our shop...:hammer:

We wouldn't know who else to go to anyway.... He's proven to get the max out the the K's in our eyes, the power we made for the oil test was on 93 pump, and wait til you see the results from the AEM/Kpro battle...:up:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Always loving Nyce Vids......................Keeep them coming!!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
great results:up: i always wondered how much of a difference it made

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
Nice stuff, Dennis thanks for supplying the workhouse for this test, pretty sweet. Definitely gonna look for the AEM vs kpro battle. Sick guys:up:

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
dennis what up man its brian from hsp saying what up cant wait for the next oil test man :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Pretty interesting, would be nice to see a test with the "higher end" race oils.
BTW, 1320 performance, did they use to be a vendor on here?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts